Part 4

y/n pov

I was in Glinda's class, and was watching Jaune and Cardin spare each other, but it was mostly Cardin doing the fighting. Jaune was breathing heavily as Cardin just laughed at him. Jaune started to charge at him but easily dodged his attack and knocked Jaune's shield out of his hand. He got up, and charged at him again with only his sword. The two's weapons clashed against one another.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-

Cardin kneed Jaune in the stomach, he fell to the floor, and Cardin was about to give the final blow. But he was stopped by Glinda.

Glinda: That's enough. Students, as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and the official may call the match. Mister Arc it's been week's now please try to refer to your scroll during combat, gauging your aura will help you decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it's better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowulf, now would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself.

Glinda: Remember everyone! The Vytal festival is only a few months away, it won't be long before other students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale.

We all were in the cafeteria listening to Nora's story, as we continued to eat our food.

Nora: There we were... In the middle of the night.

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai.

Ren: They were Beowulfs.

Nora: DOZENS OF THEM!

Ren: Two of'em

Nora: But they were no match and in the end, Ren and I took them down, and we made a boatload of lien selling Ursa skin rugs!

Ren: Ah... She's been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a month now.

Logan: How come you know what she dreams about Ren?

Ren: I-.

Pyrrha: Jaune... Are you okay?

Jaune: Uh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little... not okay.

Jaune: Eh, guys, I'm fine... Seriously, look!

Jaune tried to put on a fake smile but it was easy to tell he wasn't okay. I then heard laughter and look over to see what was happening.

Pyrrha: Jaune, Cardin's been pick on you since the first week of school.

Jaune: Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around, you know?

Ruby: He's a bully.

Jaune: Oh, please... Name one time he's bullied me.

Logan: Knocked books out of your hands.

John: He activated your shield to get you stuck in a door frame.

f/n: And when he shoved you into a rocket locker, and launched you across the school.

Jaune: I didn't land far from the school.

Logan: Jaune, you know if you ever need help you can just ask.

Nora: OOH! We'll break his legs!

Ruby: y/n, are you okay?

I was to detracted watching Cardin and his goons, picking on a rabbit Faunus.