Garrance (Garroth x Laurance)

~Another Dance~
~Valentine's Day Special~

It's the night of the school dance, for Valentine's Day. I am going with Aphmau, as my date.

Two weeks prior, someone else had asked me. But, I denied them.

It was Garroth...

He was so heart-broken, and he looked like he wanted to cry. My own heart hurt, seeing him like that. But, I couldn't do anything about it.

Because, he ignored me. Garroth wouldn't talk to me. Not even pass me a glance.

Garroth...

Aphmau and I walked into the gymnasium, arms linked. Lights flashed throughout the room, and loud music blared throughout the speakers. We walked over to an empty table, claiming it.

"Thanks for taking me, Laurance, since Aaron couldn't make it," Aphmau smiled at me, as she sat down her purse.

"It's not a problem..," I smiled back, looking around.

"Something the matter?" Aphmau rose an eyebrow at me.

"Hm? Oh, I'm fine...just thinking..."

"Okay...well, do you mind if I go hang out with Katelyn? I think she just arrived."

"Nah, it's fine. Go have fun," I nodded to her, still holding a fake smile.

Aphmau nodded back, skipping off to Katelyn. I sighed to myself, sitting down at the table. I watched couples and groups dancing along to the music, enjoying themselves.

Then, I saw Garroth.

He stood in the far corner of the gym, leaning against the wall. We made eye contact for a mere moment, before he looked away from me. I sighed, looking for Aphmau and Katelyn.

Look who else is here...

Aaron walked through the entrance. All dressed up in a tux, with a flower in his hand. How he managed to get here, I dunno.

Aphmau ran up and hugged him, and I sighed once again. She gave me a look, and I nodded to her. Her smile grew, as she pulled Aaron out onto the dance floor.

There goes my date...

As if the world wanted to taunt me, a slow song began to play. I stood up, and walked over to the far wall. I leaned against it, watching couples sway on the dance floor. Yes, I'm one of those people.

"Hey..," I heard a voice, with an accent, say from beside me. I smiled to myself, recognizing the voice.

"Hey..," I replied.

"So, where'd your date go?"

"Her boyfriend showed up."

"Ouch, gotta hurt."

"Eh, it's alright," I shrugged. "I think it's cute."

"I see..."

I turned to face the owner of the voice. He was running a hand, through his light blonde hair. His cyan-coloured eyes, stared straight ahead of him, sparkling in the dim lighting.