❤CHP 7

Wallah! Very pleased to know that you guys are enjoying the story. Din't want to keep you waiting for too long in suspense, so here's the chapter that could either clear your doubts or it could confuse you even more. Be prepared to get a shock in the end.
The Night Queen says

🌠

Relish Reading....

________________________________________________________________
_________

I cannot express how very joyous I felt to have been invited to an important event such as this. Lina and I talked at great length about this after our long day at office. Lina told me that not every one is as privileged as we are to have the honour of attending the much awaited eve.

Till now whatever I heard from Lina I had got an idea about how important this function was from a carrier point of view as well. It was not one of those events where you could go with an intention of having a gala time with your friend. It was no walk in the park. We needed to be at our best, interact with officials coming from different companies.

Lina seemed to be just as excited as I was. Probably more. Not that it was the first time she was attending a programme like this but because (I am sure she must have attended many) she was going to be accompanied by me.

According to the mail that I had received the party was to take place tomorrow in the evening. Lina had taken a half day for both of us. Guess for what. She had taken a half day for the both of us to go to the spa. And the reason being that we both should look our best. Well I told her repeatedly that I had no plans of portraying myself as a beauty queen. And that simply a light makeup and some rest would be enough. But no. This stubborn lady had to drag me to salons and spas and what not places.

Thank god we had already done shopping. Otherwise this woman would have dragged to the malls as well. But the funny part is the excuse that she made for taking a half day. It was amusing. She gave an excuse of seeing Robert off at the airport as he would be going to U.S and would be returning only after 2 years.

That is too much of a nonsense because he had already left for India and would be returning within 2 days!! I don't know why malls and salons mattered so much to her which compelled her to make melodramatic excuses such as these.

Anyways so I had a good night's sleep thanks to the overly exhausting schedule I had today. And the even busier schedule I was to have tomorrow thanks to Lina's overly enthusiastic nature.

As the bright new day took over the dark night my positive thoughts hushed my fears and suppressed whatever bad memories I had. My day at the office was challenging because I had double the work to do before my half day got over. And to do so I skipped my break as well.

I called the peon whom I had asked to return the handkerchief yesterday to enquire about it. Upon my questioning he said that he had done the job and sir had asked him to give me a thank you as reply.