❤CHP 9

Hello amazing humans. How's life. Once again a warm thank you to all those who voted and commented. Guys you are awesome. Have a blissful life.

🌠

Relish Reading....

_________________________________________________________________

I walked home with what I had just done;constantly zooming in my thoughtful mind. Had I done the right thing? I asked myself. I am dead sure the mystery man was watching me. And must have seen how I crumpled the paper tearing it into pieces. I gave the chocolate box to the kids not out of kindness but out of rejection. Because I din't want it. Because I wanted the man to see how his gifts din't matter to me at all.

Since when had I become like this. I was entwined in my own maze of thoughts when my phone rang. It was Lina. Asking me to come back soon.

We did our daily chores as usual and talked for a while before we could retire to bed. She had asked in the midst of our general conversation.

"Sana, is there something that you wish to tell me? You look very lost these days."

Though she never said it, I knew deep within that she was worried. Worried that there is something that I am hiding from her. From my best friend. Indirectly she wanted to ask about the one problem that is bothering me. She was certain I am not okay.

"No Li, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. And don't you forget, no problem is big enough to trouble your brave Sanah."

I might have sounded confident due to my remarkable skill of hiding things and pretending to be happy. But deep down I knew what a troubled soul I was. I felt like I would burst like a volcano. And all my past experiences would flow out like lava freeing my heavy head.

If only she knew that I am on the target of a stinkingly rich powerful man claiming to love me.

I was now on my bed. Hoping that somehow sleep would consume me. Staring at the dark ceiling above head.

If he really loved me, he would have confronted me by now. Declaring his feelings like any other man would do.

He wouldn't have played this dangerous game of obsession. Watching on me, asking me to stay away from Robert. Sending romantic notes. Acting like a lover sending roses and chocolates. And above all slaying the party man like it was child's play for him.

There has to be something that I don't know yet. I must wait patiently for the mystery to unfold by itself.

The early morning rays fell on my face awakening me to another day in Dubai. I had managed to wake up before my noisy alarm could have rung in my ears making me fall off my bed.

I got ready before time and got busy preparing breakfast for Li. She walked out of her room looking forward to the smell of the food that I had cooked. Definitely the sweet smell must have hit her in her room. I was a good cook I thought.

I placed the tray full of pasta and orange juice combined with her favourite chocolate cupcakes. I was an expert at that. Baking sweet dishes and mixing sharbat were my strength at all times.