Chapter 7

Ellas pov

it’s the last day of school before the summer holidays today, I’m so excited to see Katy soon! i haven’t seen her since she left last week but we’ve skyped every night. it was nice being able to see her and hear her rather than just being able to hear her over the phone. i could tell that she was busy sometimes but she always seemed to make time for me and i was really happy that she did.  things have gotten weird between sam and i at the moment i don’t know what happened, she got a boyfriend and everything changed. she doesn’t talk to me anymore except for when we have to, like at dinner and stuff. i miss her. but at least i won’t have to be by myself at school anymore because its the holidays. I’m so glad i get to spend the summer with Katy instead of at home by myself while everyone else was out doing things. this year i would be doing things too! 

everyone started moving the chairs and putting them on top of the desk, the noise snapped me out of my thoughts and i got up and put my chair on my desk as well. there was an exciting atmosphere while we all waited for the bell to ring and for us to be free for the summer. 

it finally went of and we all raced for the door eager to get out and enjoy ourselves. i walked out of school, not waiting for sam, and started to make my way home so i could finish up packing for my flight tonight. i wasn’t taking much because i didn’t really have much in terms of summer clothing, i had grown out of most of it since last year. 

A couple of hours later i had showered and finished packing. i made my way down the stairs with my suitcase and placed it by the door so it was all ready to go. i walked into the kitchen and saw aunt Sophie doing some dishes, she smiled at me as i walked over and sat down on one of the chairs at the breakfast bar. 

Sophie looked up from the dishes and smiled at me “im gonna miss you, you know!” 

i smiled back “I’m gonna miss you too!”  

“and I’m sure Sam is going to miss you too, i think she’s just going through a phase at the moment. it might be nice for you two to spend some time apart” 

“yeah i guess, i just wish she knew how to have a boyfriend and a best friend at the same time” i sighed and started playing with my phone. 

“so shall we go in about 10 minutes?” 

i looked up from my phone and nodded. this was so exciting! my first time to California, my first time in a plane by myself, my first time seeing Katy’s house and what her life i like! so many firsts!  

about an hour later i was sitting in the chairs at the gate waiting to be let on the plane when my phone started ringing, i looked at the caller ID and couldn’t help but smile. 

“Hi katy!’ 

“hey sweetie, everything go alright? are you at the airport?” 

“yupp! I’m just at the gate waiting to get on the plane now!” 

“ok well when you get here ill be waiting at the exit for you and if anything goes wrong just call me ok?” 

“sounds good! i think we’re allowed to board now but ill see you soon! love you!” 

“love you too sweetie! have a safe flight, i can’t wait to see you!” 

i hung up the phone and turned it off before i made my way towards the the people that take your tickets and then onto the plane. 

we were beginning our decent and i was getting more and more excited i didn’t even know it was possible to be this excited and i couldn’t stop smiling! i felt the wheels touch the runway and my heart started beating faster i was so close to Katy, but still so far away. i made my way off the plane, walking faster than i usually would towards the baggage area and looked for my bag, it was one of the first ones to come round which i was happy about. i lifted the bag off, pulled up the handle and started looking for signs that directed me towards the exit. this place was huge! and there were so many people! especially when you compared it to the one back home! i spotted a sign that said exit and i followed the arrow pulling my suitcase along behind me.