Chapter 9

ellas pov   

we have been in the car for about an hour, Katy decided that the best way to tell her parents and family about me was in person so we’re going to Santa Barbara. I’m actually a bit nervous, I’ve never met these people and i don’t know how they’re going to react to the fact that Katy has a daughter that she never told them about, things could get bad. Katy said that if things got too uncomfortable for me we would leave, but i hope they don’t, i want to stay and get to know the people I’m related to.     

about and hour later Katy spoke and snapped me out of the half-asleep half-awake state i was in.   

“their house is just at the end of this road”   

“ok” i managed to get out, my nerves were really starting to get crazy now   

“you ok?” katy asked looking over at me with a concerned look on her face, i think she could tell how nervous i was   

“um, yeah”    she put her hand on my leg and squeezed it   

“every things going to be fine! they’re going to love you!”   

“i hope so”   

we pulled into the driveway at a house, which i assumed was katy’s parents, i opened the door and got out of the car. everything was so pretty and colourful here in Santa Barbra, there were flowers everywhere! the house was like any other house in a suburban area, it had a fence, a tidy garden and  a large wooden front door which we were now approaching. katy had her hand on my shoulder as she pressed the door bell.   

“katy! i didn’t expect to see you! come in!” Katy’s mum said as she opened the door further to let us both in   

“and who is this?” she asked while she smiled at me, i looked up at katy not quite knowing how much she wanted to say, katy smiled down at me and then replied   

“this is Ella” she paused for a second before quickly adding “my daughter”   

“katy, don’t be stupid, you don’t have a daughter, who is she? a fan?” 

  “im not being stupid mum, this is my daughter!” 

  “you had a baby and you didn’t tell me!?” the look on her face was not good but katy seemed to be staying calm   

“should we go and sit down so i can explain myself?”   

“you most definitely need to explain yourself!” she said while walking into the lounge   

i awkwardly followed behind not really knowing what to do with myself, i kind of feel like i shouldn’t be witnessing this conversation       

katy’s pov   

“how could you not tell me that you were pregnant, let alone actually gave birth to a child!?” my mom looked so angry right now, i don’t think I’ve ever seen her this angry, its actually kind of scary   

“i don’t know, i didn’t know how to tell you, i was scared of how you would react and then some things happened and i never really found the right time to tell you”   

“what happened that made you unable to inform your mother that you had a baby!?” she asked still angry   

“well, i was going to tell you, its just that i told the record label and they wanted me to have an abortion, but i could never do that, i already loved my baby so much. so they dropped me, and i was scared that if i told you that you wouldn’t approve either so i put it off and i kept putting it off until it was too late and i had decided to put her up for adoption” the tears started rolling down my checks and i recalled the memories of putting Ella up for adoption and how hard it was.