Chapter 7

Abby

"Jo-Vaughn."

He grabbed my wrist gently and led me to the front of the crowd. I still was unsure of where we were at, there was a massive amount of people in the dim lighted building.

"Jo-Vaughn, what is this place?"

He smirked and let go of me as soon as we were face front towards a stage.

A white haired man stepped out.

"Everyone please put on your eye wear." He pointed at a 3D night vision goggles in his hand.

Jo-Vaughn took out two goggles out the front of his pocket and handed one to me.

I looked at them and back at him suspiciously.

"You gon' need em Abby." He sized me and shook his head, as I grabbed them.

"I swear to God if shit starts popping out of nowhere I'm killing everyone" I pursed my lips together.

He chuckled and put his goggles on.

The old man continued on informing us of the risks, all while I was getting even more confused as the minute went by.

"Jo-Vaughn, I can die from this?" I asked, clasping my hands together.

"Uh yea,like if you get a heart attack or some shit." He shrugged his shoulders as if it was no big deal.

I contemplated whether I should run out through the exit door, but it seemed as if the people around me just kept on multiplying.

"Yo," Jo-Vaughn's voice intruded me on my thoughts.

I could barely see him through the low light beaming out of the tinted lighting, but I knew he was smirking.

"Awwwe do you want me to give you a kiss and make you feel better?" He spoke in a baby voice and pinched my cheeks.

I swatted his hands away.

"Don't try me Jo-Vaughn, besides if that was your weak ass attempt of trying to kiss me, congratulations you played yourself."

He laughed and kissed the top of my hand.

"Just relax girl. I got you."

I wiped the back of my hand and faked a disgusted look on my face.

"So as soon as you hear the first gun shot, you run after the light, and don't worry you'll be able to feel and grab it. Once you caught it, it will return back and hand you your prize. " The old man disappeared back into the darkness.

I looked around and seen everyone positioning themselves. Even Jo-Vaughn looked like he was ready to pounce.

"BOOM!"

I tried to back away, but I was being pushed by so many people I lost count.

I noticed the walls were starting to lighten into trees, almost like a jungle.

I hurriedly took off my goggles, and stood in awe.

If you ever seen the movie Avatar, with the blue people. The jungle that I'm seeing, on what I'm assuming are virtual screens instead of walls, looked like the exact same jungle from the movie.

The enchanting aqua glow was all around this building, which was very spacious.

It was beautiful.

Jo-Vaughn, who was nowhere near me was pushing through some large man. They all looked like scavengers trying to claim gold.

I focused my attention back on the beautiful scenery and walked towards the screen.

I stared at it then at the crystal ocean glistening behind the trees. This went on for what felt like an hour.