Chapter 01

I strongly recommend to read The Ideal Mate first. Thank you . . :D

CHAPTER 01

E Z I E L

"Hurry up!" My cousin named Chris shouted. He is our pack's alpha and I am the only one who could talk to him in an informal language because I'm used to it. We're in good terms since we grew up together. And good for him because he just meet his mate. The lanky Clark who used to be a nobody since the beginning of time.

So much about him.

I've been looking for my mate the moment I turned eighteen when the clock's seconds hand strikes the figure twelve! I couldn't wait to meet my mate. And because I was so excited, I didn't meet my mate. So I did what they told me. To wait.

I couldn't wait! Not when Chris and Clark acts so cheesy in front of me.

"Yea-h." I said lazily, prolonging the h.

Chris had an alliance to a neighboring pack closest to us and the alpha there looked strict unlike Chris. I met him once when he went here to see our land and negotiate. I never saw his mate, they said it's also a male.

It doesn't matter if our mate's female or male. We can still reproduce anyway.

"Hey! What the hell are you still doing!?" Chris narrowed his eyes at me who was still sitting at the couch like a king.

"Lazying around." I said and scratched my head before I stood and stretched my back making me groan.

"Are you coming?" Chris asked.

"Of course." I said and jogged to my room. We're going to the our allied pack land and prepare for a war. Something like a major family conflict was going on and as an allied pack, we should help them.

I already packed my things early last night so I only drag it out of my room and went out only to see them waiting for me. They're just too excited. Well, I couldn't also wait to explore. . . explore the other pack's library.

Well, it may not looked like. But I appreciate books. I was born to read. . . just read, I'm lazy to write one and I just imagine it on my head if I thought something.

I went inside the front seat and watched them squashed in the back seat. Even though it's my car, I didn't drive because. . . I pulled out a pocketbook from my bag and started reading. Half way our travel, I slammed the book close and shove it back in my bag.

They were so noisy at the back seat and later on, I joined the conversation about which tastes best: a fresh coyote meat or deer meat.

We were hungry by the time the car slowed down and we decided to stop over by a restaurant in the middle of nowhere land. I was glad that the restaurant serves meat, more like all their menus were meats and of course it was all in Chris' tab.

After that satisfying break, we continued traveling to our neighboring pack. See the irony? Neighboring and it's so far.

We arrived for I don't know how many hours we were traveling at the said land and their pack house was bigger compared to our pack house and more modern look.

Many of their pack members were at the lawn especially women and kids. They're already preparing for the upcoming war which was tonight. Under the full moon.

The moment I land my feet on the ground, I was surprised when I suddenly smelt a strong arousing scent of pumpkin? Yes, pumpkin and it's coming from the pack house. The front door opened and a familiar man which I thought was the beta came out and motioned to let us in and that their alpha's waiting for our arrival.