Chapter 04

CHAPTER 04

J A C K

I sighed as I watched them spar and sometimes I stared blankly. Zach wasn't with me that day because he was kinda sick after he knew that Rain left for school early that day. I can see that Zach was hurting inside. I can hear his wolf and it's longing for his mate but Zach's acting as if he wasn't hurting.

"Jack."

I turned my head to the head warrior, grandpa Will, daddy's father. He was assigned that day on our sparring session.
I didn't noticed that it was turn already.

I stood and walked stopping a few meters away from Jerico. He will be my sparring partner and I can't forget him because he knocked me out one time when he hit me on the head. It was so embarrassing but I can't change it, it already happened.

Jerico stretched his lips in a small smile at me in a friendly way and I nod my head slightly. I breathe out, thinking of my defeat again but I prayed that I won't lose my consciousness this time. Jerico's one of the strongest and I can't compete with him.

Grandapa Will motioned his hand to start and we started stepping sideways in a circling motion, cautious.

I can feel and clearly hear my heartbeat beating loudly inside my chest and I tried to calm it down.

I wished it'll be a painless death.

Jerico charged first and I wasn't on my mind and blocked his blow, his hand slipped and it touched my right cheek. I heard gasps and groans and in a matter of seconds I found myself laying on the ground. . . again.

I didn't bothered to stand up and just stayed laying on the cold ground, feeling the throbbing on my cheeks.

Well, it's better not to stand up. I'm not really on the mood.

"You okay?" Jerico held his hand and I sat and grabbed his hand. He heaved me up and Grandpa and some of the people gathered around us asking me if I'm okay.

"I'm fine." I said and I can still feel the throbbing on my cheek. I was slowly healing. . . slowly.

"It became a bruise." Grandpa Will said.

"Don't worry, grandpa. It'll heal." I said, cracking a smile.

"You should let it check." Andy said and I shook my head no.

It was just a bruise. It's not a big deal.

Grandpa Will clapped his hand catching all our attentions. "Okay, let's take a break for a while." He announced and I hear the sigh of reliefs.

I kinda missed Rain because he was always there with me and he kept on checking me. I just wondered what was he doing that time.

Maybe he was already sitting and listening to some boring lessons. He was better when he was still there, but who am I to stop him from going after his dreams.

I walked to the pack house to change my shirt when I heard cars approaching the pack house.

∷∷∷

E Z I E L

I was uneasy and restless the whole day because I was stuck at Chris' office. Chris and Clark went into a three day vacation and who knows what they're doing. Maybe they just stayed the whole vacation inside the bedroom and play swords.

I kicked the table making the swivel chair rolled backwards. I can't stop thinking of Jack. My head's filled with the thoughts of him and not to mention that that day was his birthday!

That was the reason why I went to Jack two days before his birthday because I knew I can't come on his birthday. And I haven't given him the blue rose!