The Ex BFF

Ashley was sitting against a tree in the quad of university as she enjoyed a rare sunny day, minding her own business, when a shadow blocked out the anatomy book she needed to read.   

Ashely squinted against the glare of the sun and smack her lips before she pursed them in disgust. "What da faque do you want," she asked as she stared at Janelle, her ex-bestfriend.  When Janelle failed to answer within three seconds Ashley stood up and started to walk away.

"I don't understand why you are still upset," this was said loud enough for everyone in the quad to hear.

Ashley rolled her eyes, she didn't pause she knew Janelle was more than just a whore, she was an attention-whore.

Janelle walked to catch up with Ashley and grabbed her roughly by the shoulder, "Are you seriously still mad at Rashawn and me."

Ashley turned and looked at  where her hand touched her. "I don't like nasty ass tricks touching me.  I believe you need to let me go," she said in a furious whisper.  Ashley looked around and saw that more than one person had started to stare at them with curiosity.

"Look," began Janelle loudly, "I know you mad that Rashawn and I are together but to hold a grudge for over three months is pushing it."

"Bitch are you serious," snapped Ashley loudly before she lowered her voice when she realized that she was talking louder than necessary.  "I could slap some taste in your nasty ass mouth."  Ashely retched her shoulder free she snarled, "Don't ever speak to me, if you see me ignore me!  Like I ignore your trifling ass."

A slow nasty smile appeared on Janelle's face.  Janelle started to twist her neck as their audience increased, "You just mad yo frigid ass couldn't keep a good man.  Maybe if you knew how to please him, you would have been able to keep him."

A snicker crossed Ashley's face before she removed it in an attempt remain calm. Ashley's legs started to shake in an attempt to control her temper. With a calm born from have had to talk to her voodoo priestess mom, she replied softly, "Maybe if you knew how to stay off your knees I'd still be with Rashawn but then again I probably wouldn't."  With an indulgent smirk she added, "If he was willing to fuck you, I can't begin to imagine who else he'd put that little dick into."  With those words she walked away.

"Don't try to act like you're better than me, Ashley Sade Monroe," screamed Janelle without a care that she'd attracted the attention of the whole quad.

Ashley paused and turned to look back at her ex-best-friend and this time she said loud enough for all those who'd stop to watch. "I'm not acting Janelle."

Janelle ran toward Ashley, in a fit of rage her hand raised to slap and claw at Ashley's face.  "You bitch," she screamed as she swung her hand toward the other woman.   In Janelle's anger she she had to blink several times when she felt a hand grip her wrist.  Out of her mind with anger she screamed, "Who da faque is you?"

Ashley looked behind Janelle and felt her heart sink as she looked at her neighbor.  "Troy," she whispered feeling all the embarrassment from yesterday flood back into her.  With a moan of despair she wanted to sink into the ground, "Great probably saw everything," sighed Ashley under her breath.

"Oh ho ho," mocked Janelle as she looked at Ashley's face, "You couldn't keep a real man so you ran and got you some trailer trash white guy on steroids."

Insulted for Troy, Ashley snapped, "You can't get your own man so you stole someone else's; now you standing here mad that I don't give a damn.  Trifling heifer go find yourself. "

"Bitch he wasn't yours if I could take him that easily," replied Janelle nastily as she glared from Ashley to Troy.

Ashley looked at her with the last of her patience and smiled evilly, "Your right he wasn't a real man to begin with.  If he was he wouldn't have wanted your over-used clap having pussy."

Troy released the hold he had on the over-processed red haired woman and walked over to stand beside Ashley so he could get a good look at her.  He pursed his lips in distaste as he looked at her; the over-made up almond colored foundation on her face and street walker outfit looked trashy.  He couldn't believe Ashley would associate with someone like her.

"We should leave," he said to Ashley as he took the books she was carried from her tight grip.

"Ashley Sade Monroe," sung Janelle mockingly, "I can't wait to tell yo momma that you went and got you a white boy."  Nastily she continued, "You know she always said you thought you were too good for your own kind."

Troy sneered at Janelle but turned to Ashley to say in a stage whisper, "Babe.  Can you tell me what your kind is?"

Ashley looked into his baby blue eyes and laughed as he stared down at her, "I'm not quite sure.  I think my mom said once that we were aliens from Ah'Taria."  She laughed harder when he looked puzzled by her reference to a book she was reading on Wattpad.

"Come on and tell me all about this Atari place," he pulled her hand gently and smiled when she nodded and walked away with him.  "Her jealousy is apparent to any and everyone," he whispered as they started toward the bus stop.  "Ignore her and she'll fade away into darkness."

"I hate you," came Janelle's voice as they turned out of the quad.