Nightmare

Weeks had passed since she moved in with Troy and with going to school and a part-time work study job Ashley was tired during the week.  But she was happy that all her time wasn't with Troy. His presence was so intense and they'd end up having sex and he never seemed to care when, where or how.

Checking her mobile she frowned when she realized that while it was on silent she had missed four calls from Troy, two from her mother and 7 from anonymous.  Rolling her eyes she saw it was 5:43 pm and that she needed to leave or she'd miss the last bus for the night.  Gathering her laptop and books she hurried to the bus stop.

As she waited for the 6:00 pm bus she rolled her eyes when Rashawn and Janelle pulled up in the mustang she'd help him buy.

"Hey, biotch!  You need a ride," yelled Janelle ignorantly out the drop top car at her.

Turning and ignoring them she reached into her pocket to grab her mobile.  She saw a text from Troy: Hey beautiful I'll pick you up from the bus stop at 6:00.  xoxo  Laughing at the message she looked check the time and smiled knowing that he would be very prompt.

"Hey stank ass whore!"  Janelle got out the car walking toward her switching her hips.  "Did you not hear me speaking to your uppity black ass?"

Ashley continued to ignore her as she walked toward her but knew to be ready if she tried to attack her again.  Flicking her eyes toward the driver seat she saw Rashawn grinning ear to ear at the scene.  He'd always been a bitch ass punk, thought Ashley as she rolled her eyes.

Looking down the street she saw headlights heading her way and sigh in relief.

"Oh you then went and got you some white man and think you too good," rolling her eyes and popping her neck she smacked her lips as she continued, "I bet yo granddaddy and yo daddy rolling in their graves."

Ashley turned and glared at Janelle, as she gazed at her she laughed and her glare turned to a look of sympathy.  "Oh wow!" Janelle looked like a $5 whore and she couldn't help giggling at her rip boy shorts and tank top covered body.  It was a chilly evening and she was dressed for 80 weather.  "While you standing here throwing insults at me don't you think you should be in the car with your pimp trying to stay warm."

She continued laughing as she walked to Troy's truck; she smiled at him when he jumped out to open her door.

"Oh a true gentleman," called Janelle angrily as she narrowed her jealous eyes on the couple.

Troy turned and raised a brow at her but didn't say anything as he closed the door and jumped back into the car.  "What was that about," he asked as he make a u-turn to head back to their house.

Shrugging Ashley looked out the window, "I think I'm going to visit my mother after exams."

"Am I invited," asked Troy flashing a sexy smile.

"Mmm," she hummed as she contemplated how he was ingraining himself into every aspect of her life.  She was starting to feel smothered by him.  "I think I should go by myself this time to pave the way for you next time," she said smoothly.

Grunting, Troy didn't say anything else on the short ride home.  Getting out the car he walked to the front door slamming it behind him.

Ashley frowned to herself as she got out the truck and made her way to the door.  When she walked in she was surprised to find Troy standing in the hall with a small duffle bag.

"I think we should spend a few days apart," he didn't wait for a reply just walked out the door.

Ashley watched not sure what she should say or do as Troy walked out, following behind him she inquired, "Where are you going?"

He turned and gave her a crooked smile and a shrug, "My parents’ house or a motel.  I'm not sure where I'm going to go I just know that you feel smothered by me.  I am going to give you some time without my presence."

Ashley crinkled her brow as she gazed at him puzzled, "When did I say that?"  She knew that it was how she felt sometimes but she'd never expressed it to him verbally or shown it physically.  I feel like I’m not even allowed to have bad thoughts.

"You're not," said Troy as he stalked toward her grabbing her arm and pulling her into the house.

Ashley stared into the frustrated face of Troy and felt a moment of trepidation as she slowly backed away from him.  Troy stood in front of the door glaring daggers at her and when she blinked he was standing directly in front of her causing her to gasp and take several steps away from him.

"Troy," she said fear filling her voice as he seemed to be stalking her like pray. "You're scaring me." His presence seemed to fill up the room and become malevolent and as it crushed her, she turned and ran quickly to the bedroom they shared closing the door and locking it behind her.  Reaching into her pocket for her cellphone she received the shock of her life.

"Why'd you lock the door," Troy stood in the center of room with her looking at the wall stupidly toward the living room where she knew she'd left him.

Twisting the knob and pulling at the door she wondered how'd he'd gotten into the room and if he was going to kill her. His actions were terrifying her, "Troy please, " she said as he stalked toward her.

Troy watched as his sacrifice gazed at him in fear and his lips curled up seductively as he trapped her within the circle created by his arms against the door.

Leaning over he whispered into her ear, "Are you scared Ashley?"

She was so afraid her knees were knocking together and it was taking everything in her not to cry and plead.  She could hear the hitching of her own breathes as she tried to not let her fear overwhelm her.  "Troy this isn't funny," she said hoping he was joking with her.

Caressing her neck he watched her pulse race, "But I like to play with my food first."

Ashley gasped when he twisted her neck to the side and felt tears roll down her cheeks.  What does he mean food?!  Oh good lord, he's going to kill me.  She could feel his breath on her neck as his hand held her in place.

Licking his lips, he bared a row of razor sharp teeth.  "If you think I'm suffocating you now," he paused for effect, "just wait."  With those words he sank them into Ashley's shoulder.

Searing and mind numbing pain radiated from her shoulder throughout her body causing her to sob in pain.  As he sucked and drank greedily, moving from one spot to tear into her tender flesh in another, she mumbled incoherently for him to stop.

After several minutes a pain-filled dense fog started to engulf her, she no longer mumbled and she knew was going to die  With the last of her energy she made one last plea, "Please stop!  I don't want to die."  As she drifted away she felt herself being lifted and carried to the bed.

"Do not take me kindness as a weakness," were the words she heard before something that tasted sweet and warm hit her tongue.  With a soft moan she tried to turn away from it but felt him grab her cheeks, "It's not time for you to die, Ashley."