1- Gold

Song to listen to for this chapter:

Years & Years - Gold

'I know that I can play that game, I fool them all'

(Antoine's POV)

I got out of my car and entered 'Berry Smooth' which was the smoothie bar an equal distance from my house and the training ground. I always went to the smoothie shop before training to get a boost of healthy energy.

I'm pretty sure the staff hate me due to my lack of manners but it's not like I didn't act that way towards everyone. The more you give people the more you have to lose so why give my respect?

The establishment was always empty at this time as I entered 15 minutes after opening. I waited a few minutes for someone to come to the till but it seemed like a ghost town.
"Is anyone going to serve me or am I going to stand here for the next fifty years?" I said sternly raising my voice to ensure they could hear me in the back. I tapped my foot impatiently and began to scroll through my Instagram feed viewing the latest posts from the NBA. I heard a figure step up to the till but I took no interest in looking up.

"Power pulse" I requested as the person punched buttons on the till.

"€4.70 please," The cashier said holding out her hand. I immediately looked up as I didn't recognise the voice.

I gave her an inquisitive look due to my slight confusion. She seemed far too beautiful to be working here of all places, it's not exactly the Ritz. She clearly picked up on my confusion and she began to speak.

"I'm new here my name i-" I cut her off as I had no interest in getting to know her. I couldn't care less who she was I just wanted my damn smoothie.

"I really don't care just hurry up and get my drink since I'm probably going to be late for training!" The girl didn't appear to be shocked by my harsh tone and words but instead began to make my drink.

"It all makes sense now" she chuckled as she began to get the ingredients for my beverage.

"Excuse me?" I questioned, was she trying to purposely piss me off?

She began blending the mixture which paused the conversation but she resumed as soon as the blending was over. "You're Mr.Griezmann aren't you?" She said smiling.

"Are you a fan or something?" I asked out of curiosity, my cold features softened and for once I actually wanted to hear someone else talk.

"Not necessarily a fan, I mean I've seen you play a few times but the staff here warned me about you when I got the job. You're not exactly Mr.Popular here" she again laughed whilst pouring the now blended mixture into a cup. "To be completely honest I think you're a nice guy so far" she continued.

"And what makes you think I'm nice you've known me for about two seconds," I said unaware of the smile that had crept onto my face.

"Well, you haven't stopped smiling since I started my little speech which means there definitely is some good in you" she sweetly laughed although my smile had now faded. As soon as she said acknowledged my 'smile' I knew I was too caught up in the conversation and resumed my usual straight face.

I threw the money and snatched my drink out of her hands.

"I don't even know why I'm wasting my time here you're a smoothie girl that's it" I replied venomously.

"Why are you wasting your time then? I mean you paid, your drinks in your hands and the door is that way" she slyly smiled whilst casually pointing to the door.

How dare she speak to me like that. This is exactly why I don't show emotions to anyone because they trample all over them. I began to walk out of the store until I heard her voice again and stopped in my tracks.

"Goodbye Mr.Griezmann" she shouted. I continued to exit the shop but the foreign feeling of smiling appeared again. I couldn't stay mad for once.

She was the only person that had made me smile in nearly two years. She even had the patience to hold a conversation with me; it felt nice. It felt nice that a complete stranger had no prejudices towards me even after my negative first impressions. Although she pissed me off I still wanted more which sparked an internal war between my head and heart.

I did slightly enjoy the short conversation but she was a stranger, a stranger I didn't care about in the slightest. She meant nothing I convinced myself.

After I snapped out of my thoughts I took a sip of my drink and started my car. I resumed my hostile front and drove off to training.