2 - Say You Won't Let Go

If you want a visual of the club I used the one from suicide squad because it's lit in there. Google it if u want a reference ;)

Song to listen to for this chapter:

Say You Won't Let Go - James Arthur

'For a minute I was stone cold sober'

(Antoine's POV)

I walked into the loud club and headed straight to the VIP section following behind the rest of my team. The boys had decided we should all go out and they invited me which only happened on rare occasions due to my past behaviour.

When I found out about Mariah and Theo I went out nearly every night and fucked to feel something, anything! I built up a reputation for myself as a womaniser and I hated it but I just couldn't stop. In my head, it showed I didn't care about the breakup when in reality it probably made it obvious I was beyond heartbroken. The only reason I stopped fucking girls was because I'd ran out of girls to fuck. I was a like a hurricane destroying everything in my path and I felt no remorse. If someone I loved with all my heart could hurt me that bad anyone could.

My negative reputation wasn't just from the girls however, it was how I acted towards people. My teammates, family, friends even strangers. I cut ties with everyone and this lack of interaction and support caused my football career to nearly disappear, the career I built up through passion and hard work hung by a thread. That was the worst season I had ever played, I was on the bench nearly every game and when I finally got played I started fights for the smallest things. I overcame this by trying to be a better player, I was borderline obsessed with being the best player and in my favour, it did pay off. I may never regain all of the relationships with my teammates but they can make the effort with me first.

I was the closest to Koke as he was most commonly called. He was one of the very few people that didn't give up on me even to this day. Of course, I was still a prick to everyone even him but he has yet to throw in the towel like the others.

I sat down on the sofa in the VIP section and peered through the beaded curtain partition into the main club. My eyes wandered to the bar where I saw the smoothie girl. I was surprised to see her here but it was a pleasant surprise I suppose. She was leant against the bar appearing slightly intoxicated but she looked hot as hell. Her low cut dress was blue and complimented her skin tone beautifully, she was stunning. Whether it was curiosity or pure lust I wanted her and I wanted her now.

"I'll be back, I'm going to get a drink" I shouted above the loud music but nobody seemed to be paying that much attention anyway.

I made my way down to the main area and casually approached the bar she was still perched against. I signalled the bartender so I could order a drink.

"Well hello there Anthony" She slurred to me, I was slightly agitated that she said my name wrong but I blamed the alcohol rather than her.

"It's Antoine," I said in awkward manner unsure of how to conduct myself around her.

"Andrew tell this mean man that I'm not drunk, he won't serve me" She pouted but this time I was rather irritated. Her drunken state was grating on me, it's not that hard to say a name I mean I can say hers without any problem. Wait shit, her name!

I wavered off the barmen and proceeded to ask. "What's your name?" I regretted the tone I asked her in but I don't think she took any notice.

I heard her mumble to the ground in her drunken state but I couldn't hear her over the blaring music. My short fuse was about to blow with this intoxicated girl, she was far too drunk for me to have a conversation with; I began to walk off. All of a sudden she grabbed my arm and looked me dead in the eyes, "Rosaline, my name is Rosaline" she sweetly smiled as if she was stone cold sober. I got lost in her eyes and I became speechless, I felt electricity course through my body from her singular touch. I felt like I'd known her for years, my whole life almost but once again reality set me straight with the fact I'd know her for merely a few days.

I was snapped out of my intense gaze by a person I didn't recognise. "Yo I'm such a big fan Griezmann can I have a photo?" I nodded and smiled as the man took the photo on his smartphone. We had a brief conversation, nothing new from what other fans had said. I waved goodbye and turned to talk to Rosaline but she was gone. My heart sank but I couldn't figure out why.