3 - Take Me Home

Song to listen to for this chapter:

Take Me Home - Jess Glynne

'Came to you with a broken faith, gave me more than a hand to hold, caught before I hit the ground, Tell me I'm safe you got me now...Could you take care of a broken soul?"

(Antoine's POV)

I burst through the 'Berry Smooth' doors "I need a Power Pulse now!" I exclaimed due to how late I was for training, maybe the night out wasn't the best idea. After the encounter with Rosaline in the club, I drank so much I blacked out, I was unsure of what I felt so I drank till I was numb.

"Manners cost nothing you know" Rosaline sarcastically replied. Maybe on a different day, I would keep the conversation going but I couldn't be late for training. I had kept this routine since I got my life somewhat back on track and I didn't want anything to corrupt it.

"This isn't the time for jokes please Rosaline" I begged as I frantically looked at my watch.

"So you remembered my name?" she said with a smug smile as she began to make my smoothie. There was something about her that enticed me, I was infatuated with her. Even though I'm frantic due to my schedule it's like time stops when she interacts with me. It was such a weird concept that a mere acquaintance could have that affect on me. When I snapped out of the daze she once again put me in I realised I was definitely going to be late if I didn't leave right now.

"Shit, Antoine I need to get a blender from the back this one is broken I think" She hesitantly said as the anger coursed through my veins, I knew at this point not even Rosaline could contain my anger.

"You have such a simple fucking job and you can't get it right I'm now going to be late all because you can't work a fucking blender" I bellowed, luckily the store was basically empty. Rosaline flinched at every word causing an immediate guilt inside me. I could see how hurt she was by my aggressive tone.

Before I had a chance to calm down I saw the manager of the store enter the shop from the back room. We've had many confrontations in the past because of my attitude but he always refuses to act on his anger due to my status as a footballer. I hated it when people put me on some sort of pedestal just because of my career. Yes, I'm proud and yes I worked damn hard to get here but that doesn't mean I'm this amazing person that can do no wrong.

"Miss Taivo, back, now!" He exclaimed through gritted teeth. I quickly realised he was addressing Rosaline and that it was probably to do with my outburst.

Although the conversation was muffled various expletives could be heard, I stood behind the till unsure of what I should do. I was curious as to what their conversation was about but when I heard the cruel words being yelled at Rosaline I couldn't help myself. Anger once again built up inside me but much more toxic than before. The yelling seemed to get louder and louder until I had to do something.

I ran around the counter and to the back where the argument was located. As soon as I saw the manager in Rosaline's face I saw red and vivid flashbacks overcame me.

I grabbed the manager by the throat and squeezed tightly. "My brother, my fucking brother" I screamed.

"What the fuck let me go," The man said between breaths as he gasped for air.

"Anto stop you're going to kill him" Mariah screamed.

"Stay the fuck out of this Mariah, he gets what he deserves" I screamed still fixated on the memory of punishing my brother for what he did.

"Antoine it's me Rosaline" She yelled but all I could hear was mariah trying to dilute the situation.

I continued my assault on the man still convinced I was back at my old house questioning my brother on why he fucked my girlfriend. I released my grip on the mans neck and let him fall to the floor. Mariah ran to theo placing an arm around him. "You're a psycopath Anto" Mariah shouted as Theo coughed in the background.

"Get up" I shouted.

"Get the fuck up" I screeched

"ANTOINE!" I felt two soft hands grip my face and I came to the realisation of what I'd done. I looked into Rosaline's glossy eyes and felt safe. "It's okay come on," Rosaline said in a gentle voice laced with fear.  She guided me out of the back room and with support I made it outside.

"I'm so so-" I began to say softly

"Shhh, honey you need to rest and I don't know if you should be left alone in this state," she said caressing my cheek. I could barely string a sentence together I moved my mouth but  my words had no intent of being released.  I hated appearing weak in front of people but I was in no state to refuse her.

"Give me your keys I'm driving you home" She insisted

"No, Rosaline I can drive" I mumbled

"Antoine, I'm not going to rob you I promise" she chuckled but I couldn't find the energy to reciprocate the humour. Instead of replying I handed her my keys and walked towards my car.

I got into the passenger seat and put my seat belt on.

"Tell me the address, the car won't drive itself," I told her my address and she had a vague idea where it was located.

I couldn't comprehend my actions, I thought I was over Mariah and Theo?

"Antoine" Rosaline called me delicately snapping me out of my vicious thoughts. "Everything's going to be fine" She smiled placing a supportive hand on my thigh.

The small part of me that thought our interactions were unusual due to little knowledge of one another disappeared. I couldn't care less if Rosaline was going to leave me, I enjoyed her presence and she was like a magnet to me. I'd enjoy whatever time I had with her in this moment. I felt a strong connection to her that was undeniable no matter how much I did or didn't know about her.

With Rosaline I felt important; as if she melted my icy core which is an affect no one has had on me since her. Since Mariah.