Chapter 5

A/N

Hey everyone, its me! I know it has been a VERY long time since I updated and I am sorry. School has been stressful and my mum recently had a baby soooo I am really busy with helping her take care of him while my dad is out of town on business. I am making this a short chapter but I promise that I will do a double update this week maybe later tonight or next Thursday. Hope you enjoy. I will also be going back through the chapters on my phone and editing them at school. Have an awesome day!!

Thank you! - LizzyB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel cold. Turning over I try to grab a blanket but ended up falling off the bed. A loud thump resounded through the room as I landed on the floor. I groan in pain and rub my right hip. I stand up and walk over to my dirty clothes basket slightly awake. As I start to strip, I try hard to think about what happened tonight. It then came to me.

Nigel carried me here. I flush at the memory. Oh god. I face-palm myself at all of the ideas of how I could of embarrassed myself. Did I drool? Talk in my sleep? I look at my clothes on the wooden floor and I notice something missing from my pile of clothes.

I left my favorite scarf on the bush!

I quickly throw on grey workout clothes and a very fluffy, soft black hoodie. Looking at the time it was almost midnight. I quietly slip through my door and down the pitch black hallway.

There was chatter behind my parents door but I quickly scurried past it. I didn't want to listen in on anything that may never leave my memory. I did that once, and it was very scarring for a little six year old. I nimbly flew down the stairs, quiet as a mouse. The house creaked as the wind blew outside.

Reaching out in the dark, I open the door. A gush of strong, cold wind took my breath away. I started gasping as I tried to breathe. I slip outside and the door slammed shut. The noise echoed into the night. I wrap my arms around myself and start jogging.

The night was dark. The darkness seemed to be closing in on me. I jogged faster, taking the same routes that Nigel turned on when we went on our date. I jog a bit faster with more confidence since my eyes have finally adjusted to the dark.

It was a while later when I finally came to the trail where Nigel and I walked on. Twigs snapped under my feet. Every time an animal made a sound I jump; a bird chirped here, a rabbit scurried into the bushes there. The night seemed calm, quiet, peaceful.

A noise ripped into the night. A noise that scared me beyond my imagination, blood chilling howl that rang through the darkness.

Picking up my pace, I decided to start singing to help calm my jitters.

"Tonight all the monsters are gonna dance, We're comin' to get-" Branches breaking near by made me stop in my tracks and whip around to nothing near me. Okay, I just need to go grab my scarf and then crawl back into bed and pretend that NONE of this happened, vamanos!

I started to walk faster. The bushes started to stir as I walked; it seemed to be keeping up with me. Low rumbles started to emanated from them. Out of fear of what was in the bushes I ran. I ran harder than I ever had in my whole life. my arms were screaming at me to stop, my legs were yelling bloody murder.

As I ran I not only heard my feet hitting the ground, another set of feet were following and they were breathing heavily as the person drew closer by the second. I tried running faster than before, as I run down hill I turn to look behind me but tripped. I went rolling down the hill.

BUMP

"OW!"

THUMP

"Fuck!

BOOM!

"Son of a-"

CRUNCH!

I rolled into a patch of thorn bushes. I quickly jump out and push myself through it all despite the thorns digging into my skin. I stumbled a few feet and was about to start running for my life again when I was tackled for behind.

Sparks passed through my body like fire flowing through my veins.

"MINE!"