6 || Holiday

Luke

I remember the first time Michael, Ashton and I went to Blue Mountains. Or to be more specific, a town in Blue Mountains called Wentworth Falls. It was June, and it was starting to get colder. It was never proper winter in Sydney, which Michael as a 14 year old was very sad about because he had never seen snow or felt real cold. His family didn't really go on holiday, because there was no money.

So, Ashton being a good brother at 18 years old with a new drivers license and a decent job, decided to surprise me and Michael, and take us on a trip to Blue Mountains. Where it did snow. Michael was beyond excited. I didn't show, but I was really excited too. I always felt like Ashton didn't think I was cool and I could tell he thought it was kinda lame, but he did it for his younger brother. So I decided to be all cool about it, while Michael was jumping up and down of excitement.

So there we went a week later. We were packing Ashton's new land rover with all sorts of food and some blankets and pillows and other necessities as well, and at 10 am, we left. It was a little less than a 2 hour drive there, and Michael had never been so far away from home, so it felt like a real road trip to him.

Not so much to me as I had been on a holiday by plane before and I used to visit my grandparents a lot which was a two hour drive. But it was still pretty cool. We sang to different bands in the car, chatted about the landscape, played games and laughed a lot.

We arrived in Wentworth Falls. We went to the hotel that we were gonna stay at. I remember as we stepped out the car I felt the cold air. It looked so beautiful.

Ashton said it was known to be one if the most beautiful towns within Blue Mountains. I saw a sign next to the hotel that said Grand View Hotel. I looked over at Michael, who was smiling from ear to ear. "Okay, let's leave the stuff for now and go check in first okay?" Ashton said, guiding us inside.

"It's gonna snow, Lukey. I swear it's gonna snow. I can feel it in the air. I'm gonna see real snow! We're gonna see real snow, dude." Michael practically yelled as he high fived me. I laughed at him and shook my head. I did not understand his obsession with snow.

While Ashton was checking us in at the reception me and Michael decided to look around a bit. It was pretty small. Next to the door there was a table with a few chairs to sit, probably to wait. It had a tiny area where you could get breakfast and for the rest it were mostly chairs and tables to sit at for breakfast. At the back there were bathrooms and elevators.

I looked through the window and saw that there was a pool in the garden. I hit Michael's shoulder and pointed to the pool. "Awesome!" Michael yelled.

"Come on, guys. Let's get the bags." Ashton said, walking back to the car. Michael ran to catch up with him outside.

"How about the rooms? Are we sharing one with the three of us?" Michael asked. I hoped not. I liked Ashton, but I would like to have some time off pretending not to like the things I actually liked and trying to be cool.

"No, Mike," Ashton smiled. "You and Luke can share a room and I can have my own. We do, however, have breakfast together every morning, go out for dinner together every evening and you do not go anywhere, not even the bathroom without telling me, you understand?" he turned around and stopped to look at us. Michael and I nodded at the same time. "Good," Ashton smiled again. "Let's keep walking."

We got all the stuff and found our rooms -Ashton's was right next to ours- and unpacked all our things. It was about 11:30 and we had agreed to unpack, chill for a bit, and then go explore the little shopping centre near the hotel, as me and Michael had seen a guitar store.