S/C/A/R/C/R/O/W Part 2

A/N

Well back at it again with the updates. Not sure why I decided to go with this one next due to the fact I feel it is the least popular one..but oh well. It still needed to be updated so why not am I right? This story is ending soon, not sure if the next chapter or the one after that will be the final chapter...but just know that it will be done soon. (A sequel for it will be determined later on...maybe.)

Thanks for tuning in and happy reading!

~Ringleader_Robin

(Kit)

---------------

Dick winces as pearls of sweat dripped down his brow, holding his cape up to the woman's mouth as a makeshift gas mask. He managed to get a hit in, but the dirty cheat scarecrow was, put the women in harm's way..he barely had time to react. ."You..you okay...?" He rasped out as the smoke slowly started to clear but the fog in Dick's own mind only started to grow. There was no doubt that he had inhaled the fear gas, it was only a matter of seconds before... There was blood on the floor... blood on his hands drenching his hero costume. "Cr..crap..." he breathed out, closing his eyes before looking at the women who remained put out of pure shock and fear. "I. asked. If.you.are.okay." He spoke in short agitated tones, trying to ignore how the woman's neck seemed to be twisted at a sickening angle. It was not real...he had to stay focused.

"I..Im...."

Dick grunted, quickly standing up and grabbing the woman's arm once more. "That kick to his head won't keep him dazed for long..we need to--" His voice got caught in his throat when the woman's face changed. "M..mami..?--- Shit..no..it's not here..stay focused." he scolded himself and shook his head vigorously, trying to avoid the image in front of him, but he was at the mercy of it..his heart rate quickened at a dangerous pace. However, his grip remained on the woman. Why was he holding on to her again--why was he holding his mother's dead body. Dick lost his train of thought, his mind spiraling in flashbacks of the night he was forever haunted by. He lost his breath a few times as they got stuck in his throat.

"You let us die..you knew what was going to happen.." The voices of his parents whispered in a sickening soft voice.

Dick's hands clenched. His mother's mangled body now grabbing him. He screamed, his heart racing to the point that it felt like it was hammering through his chest. "LET ME GO!!"

"You killed in our names... We died because of you!..we are now rotting because of you!" The voice gurgled out.

Laughter, laughter echoed and filled Dick's mind and mercilessly taunted him. The sound of the crowd cheering..the sound of bones breaking after a loud thud. Dick looked up to see both his parents now. Was his father always that tall? Why was he moving closer!? Dick scrambled across the floor, when his back hit the cold brick wall, he started to scream again.

"Robin!'

Robin?...His mind processed it for a moment. He squinted at the mangled body of his father..the image seeming to shake like an unfocused picture. "..t..tati...? Why are you..." His father moved closer..what was so pointy on his head...horns?... Both his parents stopped moving at him after his last screaming fit.

"My sweet little robin." Mother cooed darkly. "Oh how you have fallen..you disappoint me..you disappointed us both!"

Dick's father was now out a view... but the sound of punches being thrown echoed in his ears. Was he fighting someone..something? He looked back and saw that his mother had moved closed..more, was right in front of his face, her lifeless eyes staring right through him. "You need to breathe..."

Breathe? Why would he not be breathing..? He held his hand to his throat, the sensation of something warm trickling down his hands. Something was stopping his breath..something was lodged in his throat! Dick's mind raced..a bullet..was he shot? His eyes darted across the alleyway looking for the culprit. Zucco... holding a smoking gun in the brisk cool air. He was shot! Dick quickly started clawing at his neck, trying to out some imaginary bullet in his neck he thought he felt, but before he knew it, both his mother and his father were restraining him. "LEt me go! Please I'm sorry!! HIM SORRY I DID NOT MEAN TO LET YOU DIE!!" his mind buzzed and there was a throbbing in the back of his head from his head not getting enough oxygen. Dick looked at his father, who was wielding a knife? Was he going to stab him!? "Please please! I don't want to die! I don't want to--" His father stabbed him in the arm. Dick screamed and recoiled as much as he could against the restraint of his parents, but the pain almost instantly dulled, along with the rest of his senses. THe feeling of his legs then it crawled up his body, his spine... His parents were speaking to him..but no voices came out..as if they were on mute...dark spots soon creeped from the corner of his eyes, and soon, he was engulfed in it.

---

Batman watched carefully as Richard slowly went limp, his shaky breathing slowly going back to a normal pace. The antidote seemed to have worked, thankfully. He eyed the woman, who he had connected to being a scientist working on a new bacteria that could eat through materials even when airborne, something that would have made Scarecrow's bio weapon even more feared. He connected the dots too late, and now his partner is unconcious on the cold streets and nearly died from a mass panic attack. Part of him wanted to be furious that the kid had not listened to his orders he so clearly had given. But mostly, a feeling of guilt washed over him for not being able to protect him from all of this. Perhaps he should have listened to Alfred and kept the boy out of this life-- No..the child would not have listened and went out just like he did today. He had concluded without a doubt that Richard John GRayson was a stubborn child--but a strong one too. He will recover from this and will come back determined as ever to achieve his goal--a worthy protege of the Dark knight. He lifted up his partner carefully, as if that any wrong movement would break the child. "I have notified the police of your location and you will be escorted to safety." He emotionlessly informed the Woman, who on her quick thinking stabilized Robin long enough for Batman to restrain The scarecrow and grab the antidote. He looked back at the child in his arms. Alfred was going to give him hell for this when he returns to the cave. There was no doubt in his mind.