Chapter 1

~Eren's POV~

Everywhere I look I see people finding there soulmates and their sparks flying. All my friends have found their soulmate. My sister Mikasa found hers at age 11 when we met my best friend Armin. We were walking to school when a blond boy ran into Mikasa and then sparks flew, I was happy for her but I was also a little jealous. The next person in my friend group was Jean at age 15. His story was that when he was on the swim team a small innocent looking freckled guy asked for help to put his hat on. As soon as their fingers brush against each other sparks flew. I always thought that Jean  and Marco would make a cute couple.Next was Saha and Connie at age 16 when they were having an eating contest and reached for the same glass of water. Then there was me a loner with no soulmate yet, but I didn't give up.

I was walking to college with Mikasa and Armin when I had a thought 'maybe I could finally find my soul mate this year'. With that thought in my head I walked with a bounce in my step the rest of the way to school.

As soon as I  stepped foot In school there were sparks but not from me but from some girl next to me. I let out a deep sigh as I hurried into the main office where I would get my time table for the year.

I had homeroom with a new teacher called Mr. Ackerman,it seemed I also had English with him as well. 'I hope he's nice' I thought.

When I got to homeroom not many people were in there. Jean and Marco were at the back sucking each other's faces off. I internally cringed at the sight. Connie was cheering on his girlfriend Sasha as she was shoving food into her mouth.Mikasa and Armin were talking about going on a date, so I decided to sit at a random table and draw.

I loved to draw and paint, everyone told me that I had a natural talent for drawing. One day I wanted to be an art teacher, yes a teacher not an artist because of all the stress of being famous and all. I have always had my dreams set on that.

The bell rang just as I had finished drawing the outline my dog Clara. More and more people filed into the class. My friend Krista was in my homeroom too as I just found out.

A few second later the door swung open and crashed into the wall making a few people scream. A small and I mean small man walked in. He had jet black hair, steel grey eyes, skin pale as snow and and an expressionless face.

"Listen up kids, I'm only going to say this once. I'm Mr. Ackerman, you will only call me that or sir nothing else ok"

You could practically hear the whole class gulp. He was so strict despite being so handsome...what? I-I'm not gay! There's not way!.... maybe I am.

"There will be only be a few rules In my class. Number one, DO NOT shout out In my class. Number two, DO NOT talk when I'm talking. Number three, ALWAYS hand homework in on time. And finally number four,DEFINITELY DO NOT MAKE A MESS. If you fail to do so you will get punished, and I will personally make sure to pick the punishment".

You could hear the whimper of Krista and Sasha, as I let out a shaky breath. I felt something hit the back of my head. I made sure Mr. Ackerman was looking away, as I turned around I could see Jean holding and trying to clam down Marco as he was literally shaking with fear. On the floor was a scrunched up piece of paper I bent down and picked it up, quickly I turned back to my desk and without making much noise,  I unfolded it.

Yo Eren that guys scary have you seen Marco hahah, anyway have you found your soulmate yet?
~Connie

I quickly wrote back an answer

Haha yeah I have seen Marco. And no I still haven't found my soulmate yet, I probably don't have one. Ugh
~Eren

I made sure sir was facing the chalkboard so I could turn around and throw the paper ball at Connie. Not even a minute later a ball landed straight on my desk.

I'm sure that you do have one buddy. Maybe it's even Mr. Ackerman haha
~Connie

I turned around to give him a glare as he and Sasha tried not to burst out laughing.

"So as you may know you will not be going to your first lesson as it is compulsory that you have to get to know me, ask questions and I will answer. And no questions that are too personal!"

Krista was the first person to ask a question. "H-how old are you sir, I-if it's not r-rude to ask"

"It's completely fine Krista, I am 23"
Wow he's young for a teacher

Marco was the next. "S-s-sir wh-what is your fir-first name"

"My name is Levi Ackerman, but you may only call me sir or Mr. Ackerman"

Armin was after Marco. "Have you found your soulmate yet sir"

You could see a flash of sadness in his eyes but it was gone quicker than it came"No I have not" a few whispers went round the room and that when I asked a question.

"What do you do to try and fine your soulmate as I still haven't found mine yet either"

His facial features softened for a bit and something flashed behind his eyes but I couldn't make it out. "Well I have given up on trying to find my soulmate, I just don't think that they are out there, but for you Eren I don't think you should give up yet, you still have ages to find them. Don't give up like I did, go on walks every day just don't give up"

After that the bell rang so we had to quickly get to our second lesson of the day.

*************************************word count:1052
I am basing  the school time of my school which goes like this :

School starts 8:20-8:30
First lesson 8:35-9:30
Second lesson 9:30-10:35
Break 10:35-11:00
Homeroom 11:00-11:20
Third lesson 11:20-12:20
Fourth lesson 12:20-1:20
Lunch 1:20-2:00
Last lesson 2:00-3:05

I will try to update every weeks but that might not happen.

Bye bye

~Katie