Four

And there I was, walking down towards the bridge where I would see Johnnie. As I rounded the corner I saw his mop of hair, under the bridge, sitting on the edge with his feet playing with the water.

"Hey." I said as I got closer, his head whipped in my direction, a smile spread across his face. He got up and walked towards me, embracing me in a tight hug.

"Hello love." He whisered in my ear. I pulled back.

"Love?" I asked, giggling slightly. He nodded, and offered me his hand. I gladly accepted and laced my fingers with his.

It was strange, that be was so okay with this after saying he didn't want a relationship with me.

"I thought you didn't want this with me?" I asked quietly. He looked at me and gave me a sloppy smile.

"I said I was going to help you get better before I get in a relationship with you, this is me helping."

My mouth formed an 'O' shape as I realized what he was saying. I nodded in agreement and sat down with him in his original position, putting my face in the crook of his neck.

"My mom kicked me out." I said, trying to initiate conversation. He quickly grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eyes.

"Why, what the fuck?" He asked harshly.

"I told her I was gay and she gave me the option of going to a "gay-away" camp or never coming home."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and used the other to grip my thigh.

"Stay with me." he said, looking out onto the water, thought clouding his eyes.

I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Okay. I will"

He turned his head back to me and planted his warm lips onto mine, moving his hand from my thigh to my cheek, cupping my face.

"It'll be nice having you around, more time to get to know you and help, right..?" he asked.

"Yes. I'm tryig so hard, to be better, just for you."

"You sober?" he asked. I hated talking about the subject, but drugs and alcohol were my major coping method for a long time. I nodded.

"Have been ever since I got feelings for you." I confirmed.

"How long is that, exactly?" Johnnie said smoothly, smirking and raising an eyebrow.

"A year."

And he kissed me again.

▪ GUESS WHO'S BACK ▪
¤ BACK AGAIN ¤