Six

Honestly I've never been nervous about a school ceremony before in my entire life, but this, knowing my mother was going to show up killed me inside. She might see Johnnie kiss me when I walk off the stage, oh god. She'd kill both of us. My insides were churning intensely and I breathing became hard as if my airways were all shut of unexpectedly. 

I sat on the side of the stage, prepared to walk up when my name was called. Our school was extremely unformal, and called all students by their nicknames, and God mine was bad. You see, the school here went from k-12, all on the same campus, so whatever nickname you had as a child stuck with you forever.

I licked my chapped lips and bounced my leg nervously, running a hand through my pastel pink hair. I wasn't ready for this at all.

"Diego Navarrette." my name was called, and I almost didn't recognize the sound of it. I stood up and climbed the small set of stairs leading to the podium, where the principal was waiting with my diploma.

I shook Mr. Franta's hand and accepted the roll of paper, I looked out at the crowd, searching for my mother's eyes. I was soon being ushered off the stage towards the downward steps. As soon as my feet touched the ground I felt arms wrap around my neck. I smiled and wrapped my arms around Johnnie's waist. He began to litter kisses all over my face, causing me to laugh.

"I love you so much, I knew you could do it babe!" he said before attacking me with his lips again.

I honestly couldn't ever get enough of this boy, he was my everything. I loved him so much.

"Excuse me, I'd like you to release my son please." I heard a cold voice say. I removed my eyes from Johnnie and saw my mother, causing me to release his body as well.

"Hi mom." I said nervously, Johnnie laced his fingers with mine, earning us a disgusted look from my mother.

"Diego, I think you've had enough time 'fooling around' and you need to come home."

"No." I said plainly. I had accomplished so much in the time me and Johnnie had been together, and I wasn't ready for it to end.

If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under with the way my mother looked at me. Johnnie squeezed my hand tighter.

"Excuse me Ms, if I may -"

"Stay out of this." my mom said, raising her hand in Johnnie's face. Johnnie took a deep breath.

"Excuse me, but Diego has done some pretty amazing things with his life recently and it's all because I've helped him realize that he needs to love himself and that he doesn't need a heartless bitch like you constantly bringing him down. Okay? He's not leaving because I love him and I'm not letting go." he said quickly, and much louder than my mom.

She sighed, calming herself. She looked at me and smiled.

"Have fun, fags." she said before waving and sashaying away.

I looked at Johnnie and he hugged me tightly, resting his head on top of mine and trailing his fingers up and down my spine.

"I love you so much. I'm not ready to let you go just yet."

I smiled to myself, embracing him tighter. I actually believe I found a relationship I won't fuck up. I pulled away just enough to look up at him.

"Then please don't." I said smiling. He smiled back, and kissed me.

•••
Hey I'm back for a while.
D E P R E S S I O N   S U C K S
but thanks for being patient with me.
I'll try to update again today.
ONLY SIX MORE CHAPTERS GUYS
•••
Also, I need ideas for new books, and there will be a poll for it on my TWITTER ACCOUNT (@ Crazymonkey1300) VOTE VOTE VOTE ♡♡

((new fanfics are literally the only way to keep me active on this app so...))