Light and Dark

Slamming the door to his room Gabriel sat down with a huff still heated and upset as he crossed his arms. He didn't look back once upon leaving his 'brother' although now alone in his he felt a gripping sensation in his heart, followed by a sickness in his stomach. Guilt. As his anger faded away he started to feel guilty as he realized what he had done. He had been cruel and he knew it wasn't fair to Luciel. He just infuriated him. They were different in too many ways.

Gabriel was articulate while Luciel was crude. He enjoyed to be still while Luciel never seemed to stop moving. As different as the day and night although perhaps that was their purpose, God had told Gabriel that Luciel was the 'Bringer of Light.' While Gabriel was 'Strength in Darkness' in terms of elements they were different. Again the angel wondered why God created Luciel. Wasn't he proud of Gabriel? Wasn't he doing enough.

Taking a deep breath he looked back at the door wondering what Luciel was doing now. Getting to his feet he decided he would attempt to apologize. It was the angelic thing to do after all. Walking down the hallways he enjoyed the silence it brought as he headed back to the kitchen. Opening the door he was met with the same mess but Luciel was nowhere to be seen. Frowning he shut the door wondering where the younger angel could have ran off too. 

Exploring the halls he was just passing the bathing room when he heard the sound of splashing. Tilting his head he walked over to the door peeking his head through the crack as he looked inside. Sure enough Luciel was playing in the water drying tear streaks on his face although he looked happier now. It was then that Gabriel noticed the familiar white light nearby. His father. <There is no need to hide, Gabriel> his voice had boomed alerting the angel that he had been noticed. Feeling nervous he opened the door before stepping inside. The effect on the room was immediate as Luciel stilled red eyes locked on Gabriel as he looked away hiding his anger and hurt. 

Gabriel didn't miss this as he looked down rubbing at the crook of his neck as the same guilty feeling churned his stomach. He wasn't used to this negative attention and he didn't like it. Yet when he opened his mouth to speak it seemed he was unable to form the right words or anything persuasive enough to explain his churning thoughts. Instead his gaze fell to the ground inspecting the cool marble beneath him. It didn't surprise him when he looked up to find God gone again. Instead he turned his gaze to Luciel who had his back to him lightly splashing in the water. 

Gabriel took light steps towards him as he ended up crouching nearby. "Luciel, I..." He started before looking down and mumbling, "I'm sorry." He said looking up only to jump back in shock as he was met with the others burning red eyes. He crossed his arms before tilting his head up, a trait Gabriel did often.

"I don't believe you." He said in obvious hurt as he finally looked away from Gabriel huffing as he sunk deeper into the water. Gabriel felt a tinge of annoyance at the others words. He had apologized, what more did he want? Calming himself Gabriel didn't speak right away wondering how he could make it up to the other. Biting his lip the usual extremely closed off angel started to remove his robes. Shivering at the air he started to crawl into the water with the other. Luciel was watching him now looking confused. 

"What are you doing?" He asked face scrunched up as he looked him over. Feeling self-cautious Gabriel sunk even lower as he tried to calm his consternation. Licking his lips he gave a small smile before he used his hand splashing the other. Hitting Luciel against the chin and upper body the little angel frowned before using both of his hands to create a whirlpool of water that hit Gabriel in a flurry. Spluttering he immediately retaliated splashing back ears pricking as he heard the laughter. Suddenly the water stopped and Gabriel was confused when he didn't see the other angel. He was about to call for him when small hands wrapped around his body causing him to fall forward into the water.

Gasping he quickly attempted to scramble back to his feet bursting through the surface his eyes wide and alert. It took him a moment to realize what had happened and looking over at Luciel he saw the other smiling. "You know, you're quite strong." Gabriel praised biting his lip before reaching out hesitantly to rest his hand on the others head ruffling the air. 

Luciel beamed at the praise but Gabriel was wary not of the other angel but himself. "I'm sorry I was being so rude. I just..." He went silent at that never good at the apologizing part. Soon though he felt the others arms wrap around his waist as Luciel nuzzled against his stomach. Gabriel's own hands moved to curl in the others hair as he leaned back sitting down and resting his own head against the other. He wanted to at least try to get along with Luciel and if he was honest with himself. He wasn't all that bad. 

It was just the differences between them that remained in stark contrast to Gabriel. He was the first and for a long time the only. He didn't know how to feel about having an unwanted brother but he realized he couldn't let it bother him too much. They were family after all. Brothers. They had to protect each other for it was only them. Luciel shifted at that point before he felt him shiver, "Cold." He muttered. Gabriel hadn't even realized the drop of temperature and sighing he stood up.

"Alright let's get out then." Gabriel said holding out his hand and pulling Luciel out of the tub setting him down next to him as he searched for a towel to give the other. Handing him one and grabbing one for himself he wrapped it around his waist as he watched Luciel for a moment. He still didn't know what to feel about him but at that moment he promised that he wouldn't allow himself to push him away. He wanted to get along with him not just for him but the father that created him. "Maybe- would you like to clean up the kitchen with me?" He asked one of the first times he ever asked the other to 'do' something with him. 

The way Luciels eyes lightened up in shock and happiness Gabriel couldn't help but smile.