Duck, Duck, Fly

The feathers felt hard against Gabriel's hands as he ran them softly through the down feathers. Keeping them prim as he looked into the mirror he finally righted them all so they were facing the same direction. Satisfied he smiled as he sat back tilting his head and watching the wings move at the movement. It had only been two days since his had finally formed. He was still a bit upset that Luciel's had appeared almost four months prior despite being younger then Gabriel.

Even now the other was now flying around with God following his every movement. A strange almost bitter feeling followed that realization as over the last couple months it seemed that God simply brushed him aside. For a long time it was simply God and him he just couldn't understand why he was so focused on Luciel now. It angered Gabriel.

Huffing he finally decided he was ready and started to walk towards his door. He was reaching to open it when it was suddenly burst open Luciel flying in and knocking him back. "Ahh!" Gabriel cried covering himself before realizing what had happened. "Luciel! What in Heavens Name are you doing in here! This is my room." Gabriel growled getting up and stomping his foot in emphasis.

"Look look!!!" Luciel said excitedly opening his hand and revealing a feathered creature. Gabriel had never seen anything like that with a hard flattened piece protruded out acting like mouth. "I'm calling it a Duck. I got to make it with God." Luciel continued petting the yellow-bodied creature happily.

Gabriel however was frozen a cold numb coming over his body as he heard those words. "Wha... What?" He asked taking a step back.

"It's only a baby now but when it grows up it'll be able to fly like us. As well as swim! Do you have any water around?" He asked oblivious to the others reaction as he started to walk around the room. His wings were a ruffled mess as he set the creature down on Gabriel's dresser. The duck blinked before settling down watching Luciel move.

Gabriel however had enough, "No!" He yelled stomping his foot once more.

"You have no water?" Luciel asked.

"No get out! I don't care about your... Your... Your stupid duck! Get out!" Gabriel yelled his voice rising a few octaves as his wings outstretched trying to make him look more threatening.

"It's not stupid! You're stupid!" Luciel yelled back grabbing his duck and pulling it tight against his chest. His eyes blazed with anger as he started to get defensive. "You don't have to be such an insufferable, entitled prick all the time!" He yelled before unfurling his wings and blasting past Gabriel once more knocking him over this time on purpose as his one wing turned to smack him. Falling back Gabriel watched him fly away before running to the door and shutting it.

Hearing a click as he locked it he finally stepped back tears starting to fall as he let out a quiet sob. His hands moved up to cover his face as he walked over to his mirror. Sitting down in front of it he wrapped his knees close as he tried to recover. It was just so unfair! Luciel was slowly becoming... Better then Gabriel and he hated it. He knew that was wrong to feel but he just felt.... Lonely.

He had never felt this way before not even when it was just God and him. He never felt alone. Yet now with a brother that was slowly overshining him he was losing Gods attention. Now Gabriel's special job was now being passed over to Luciel?

"Maybe he is better." He thought out loud. 'It must be true if father gives him the attention he does.' He added mentally looking up his eyes resting on his wings. The feathers once groomed were now disheveled giving a visual image of his mental state right now. Sighing he reached out and started to groom them once more. A futile task but it helped to distract his mind especially when sad. It also reminded him of a little fact.