Chapter 55

Giselle's POV 

"Niall!" A little girl squealed, running into Niall's arms. 

"Hey love, how have you been?" Niall asked.

"I've been good, but I missed you," the girl pouted.

"I missed you too, Ever! Where's your mom?" Niall questioned. 

"She's gathering her stuff to leave I thought you would never-" the little girl stops talking and looks at me. "Niall? Is... is this the girl you said you were in love with?" She says still looking at me. I look at Niall when she said those words, a noticeable shade of red on his cheeks. He looks down at the little girl.

"Oh, uh... yeah," Niall said with a nervous chuckle. The small girl giggles and runs up to me. 

"Hi, I'm Ever," she says. I kneel down.

"Hi Ever, you're very beautiful. I'm Giselle," I replied in return. She nods.

"I know who you are. Niall talks about you all the time," Ever says. Before Niall can say something, a tall young lady walks in carrying a couple of bags with her. 

"Oh, Niall you came to visit!" the lady says, pulling him into a hug. I don't get jealous though. She has a daughter and Niall is my boyfriend. Why should I be jealous?

 "Hey Scar! Yeah I did, and I brought my lovely girlfriend, Giselle, with me!" Niall says, stepping out of the way so I could greet Scar.

"Oh! You're so pretty! I'm Scarlet. Scar for short," she said. I nodded. 

"Nice to meet you! My name is Giselle, and nothing for short," I added, she laughs. 

"We were just going. You guys came at a bad time," Scar says.

"Really? Darn. I was really wishing I could catch up with Ever," Niall coos as he kneels down and tickles the small girl, she giggles. 

"I'd really love to have you, but my shift is over and I'm knackered," Scar says. 

"Aw, alright. Well, I'll let you guys go on and get some rest!" Niall says, and we wave as they leave to their car. I sigh. 

"They're really nice. This is where you came when we fought?" I ask Niall in disbelief. He nods. 

"Yeah, that small girl can change your life in a big way," Niall says, shaking his head and smiling to himself. I took this time to really observe him. Crinkles under his eyes from smiling too big. His teeth white and completely straight. His small dimple on the side of his left cheek. His blue eyes lighting up with happiness. Hair messy and left at its own will. Muscles flexing through his mint T-shirt. Sweatpants loosely hanging on his waist. His hands stuffed down his pockets. He was absolutely gorgeous and at one point I couldn't believe he was mine. But then I also thought of all his qualities as a human being. He was hilarious and I loved his laugh. He was so carefree and did things without a care in the world. He was so loving and sweet. Then it hit me he was mine. I was his girlfriend. He was my boyfriend. We were dating. I was dating the most wonderful and beautiful person in the world. No, I was in love with the most wonderful and beautiful person in the world. 

"Take a picture it lasts longer," Niall spoke up, releasing me from my thoughts. I blushed and let out a nervous laugh. 

"I am, with my memory," I said, smirking and pointing at my head with my index finger. He gives me a weird look and he shakes his head. 

"How? Why?" He asks, confused. 

"It's like when you really look at someone... you stop seeing a perfect nose, or straight teeth. You stop seeing the acne scars or the dimple on their chin. Those things start to blur and suddenly you start to see them. The colors. The life inside the shell and beauty takes on a whole new meaning," I finish. Niall looks at me with admiration in his eyes. A smile cracks on his face and he moves closer to me. He places his hand on my cheek and tilts his head down so that our foreheads are touching. I let my eyes fall shut and inhale his scent of spearmint and laundry detergent.