Chapter 56

Giselle's POV 

I decided to wait outside of the grocery store while Niall was paying for our junk food. I needed some air and space to think anyway. I just hope that Damien and his girlfriend don't come out of the store before Niall does. It's a bit chilly tonight due to the season changing and the current time. I clutched onto my sweater and tried to keep as warm as I could. I let out a sigh of relief once I spotted Niall exiting the store with grocery bags in his hands. I pushed myself off the cold, brick wall and walked over to him. 

"You alright?" Niall asked, concerned. I nodded and took one of the bags into my hands so that he didn't have to carry them all and I wouldn't feel helpless. "Do you still want me to come over or..." His voice trailed off. I looked up at him and my face softened when I saw his face. He looked worried. 

"Of course I do," I replied and kissed his cheek. He sighed and nodded before opening the trunk of the car and stuffed the bags inside. He closed it and unlocked the car. We got in the car and started driving towards my house. The car ride was silent and I just had to stop the awkwardness around us. "So, I got a letter from the uni we applied to," I said, looking at Niall.

"You did? What did it say?" Niall asked, glancing at me and then set his eyes back on the road. 

"Accepted," I smiled. He glanced back at me and smiled as well. 

"Really?" Niall squealed rather cutely. I nodded enthusiastically.

"What about you? Did you get anything in the mail?" I asked. His smile fell into a frown and he looked away from me. He stared at the road intently and then shook his head. 

"Nothing yet," he sighed. I sighed too. 

"They'd be crazy if they didn't accept you, Niall," I spoke up shaking my head. 

"Sure they would," Niall scoffed.

"I'm serious, Niall. If they accepted me, why wouldn't they accept you? They'll accept you, you'll see," I assured him. 

"And what if they don't, Giselle? Huh? You can't predict the future! You're not always going to be right!" Niall yelled, frustrated. I'm taken back by the sudden attitude change. I shift uncomfortably in my seat as I watch Niall park in the driveway. It's awfully quiet and I hate it. The tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife. I sigh and open the car door. I jump off the car and feel Niall's large hand wrap around my small wrist. I look at him questionably. 

"Giselle, I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you that way," Niall explained. I nodded. 

"It's fine, Niall. Let's just get the chips out of the trunk so we can finally watch that movie, yeah?" I smiled weakly. Niall smiled back and nodded. I walked towards the trunk and lifted it open. Niall grabbed the bags and I closed the trunk again. I got my house key out and opened the door. Anne was fixing herself a cuppa and I have no idea what the rest were doing. We walked into the kitchen to grab all the utensils we needed for our movie night. 

"Hey Anne, how was your day?" I asked. She turned around and hugged Niall and I. 

"Hey honey, it was tiring. I had to work two shifts today!" Anne exclaimed. 

"Here let me make you the cuppa. You go ahead and lay down. You look so exhausted!" I said, taking the mug out of her hands. 

"Really? You'd do that?" She asked, I nodded. "Thank you, Giselle." She went into the living room and plopped herself on the couch. I finished her cuppa and brought it to her. 

"Here you go, Anne," I said, handing the hot mug to her.

"Thank you dear. Goodnight. And goodnight to you, Niall. Feel free to spend the night if you please," Anne said, taking a sip of her tea. Niall and I exchanged confused looks and I stifled a laugh.