blushing for misconceptions

Check out the song it's a really good song.

Here's something that annoys me to no end.

So a last year I went to homecoming with this kid, call him p.

P had a crush on me and all my friends shipped us but I'd didn't like him like that.

But they assumed that because I went to homecoming with him (as FRIENDS) that I liked him.

Which I didn't.

But they insisted. And one thing led to another and I was crying at homecoming.

Later, they kept shipping it and always pointed out the fact that I blush whenever they mention us, therefore I must like him.

This was not the case, this has never been the case.

I was blushing because
1) as cool as I appear to be on the internet, I am probably the most awkward person on the planet IRL. I've never been in a relationship. I've never even kissed anyone. And talk of relationships involving me just doesn't sit right. It makes me uncomfortable. 

2) there was a big misconception about me. And that made me extremely self-conscious. People believed something about me that wasn't true. Something that drew attention to me. I hate that.

So anyways, p wanted to ask me out, and asked my dear friend, c, if she thought I would say yes. And of course she was like 'yeah of course she'll say yes. She likes you' (no I don't) and so p asked me out over text and I rejected him and I felt really bad about that and I still do feel really bad about that and now I'm crushing on his best friend lol rip me

This wasn't as poetic or dramatic as I usually make these but I just needed to vent that that's what this book is for so