48

"Morning" I heard a raspy voice from behind me and two arms hugged me from behind. "Morning Lauren". My beautiful girlfriend had a very raspy voice, it was actually very sexy. "coffee?" I asked her. "yes please"

I enjoyed spending time at the Jauregui's, I felt welcomed and at home. Everyday Lauren tried finding a job, because she had been in jail it made it more difficult than for me. I got a job on the first day looking. Sure it was bad paying but it was something. Me and Lauren was planing a future together so we needed to get jobs so we could move in to our own apartment downtown.

Lauren had a work interview in about two hours so she needed to be prepared. "I'm so nervous" she exclaimed. "It's gonna be fine, I've heard that they've hired ex-gangsters before". I made her smile which was the point. "Yeah, by the way, the landlord from that cool apartment with a pool called today". I knew what apartment she talked about. It was a big apartment with two rooms and kitchen and of course a big bathroom, it was a perfect apartment and me and Lauren was taken by it. "What did he say?!" I asked excited. "Well because the rent is pretty expensive he wants both of us to have a job, and I told him I'm going to an interview today. So he's holding the apartment for us until we know if I get the job or not."

"That sounds like a fair deal." Lauren nodded as an answer to my comment.

-----

"Okay, I love you! Bye" Lauren yelled as she opened the door.

"Good luck! I love you too!" I screamed after her the second before she slammed the door. Now Lauren was on her way to the interview that could change our life.

I was standing in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast when I heard soft footsteps from behind and I turned around.

"Shit! Chris! You scared the shit out of me!" He started laughing and almost fell to the floor. "Sorry" he kept laughing for a while until he finally managed to get himself together.

"Anyway, I have a surprise for you and my sister" he smirked. Chris always made stupid pranks so I'm sure it's something stupid like a note with 'surprise' written on it. "Okay, what?" I asked him anyway. He gave me a quick smile before he ran out of the kitchen. After a while he came back with a big brown box with some holes in it. He put down the box right in front of me. "Open it". I looked him in the eyes and he had a smile that was screaming 'I've done something!'.

Subspecies I opened the box slowly. It was a small little kitten in it with big paws and a small body. Its ears were big and fluffy. He was black like coal. "Omg, where did you get this?!"

"I bought him for you and Lauren" he smiled proudly. The little kittens green eyes looked at me with curious eyes. "What's its name?"

"Well he's called Charli but you can change it."

"Charli" I mumbled. "I like it"

•                           •                          •

I'm alive. Sry I've been gone but good news, I have a girlfriend😊 Today's actually our 3 moths anniversary!

See Ya👋🏻