Chapter 2:Druid Pack Training

Hey guys, so the goal is to update every day. If not, then every other day. I know this is late, but between school and other extra activities, It'll be a bit challenging. If you have any suggestions for names, pack names, coat colors specific to certain wolves. Thanks readers!! Well here we are... Enjoy Sage's life. ^-^

:Druid Pack Training:

My maw met the ground as my oldest brother pushed me to the ground. We were all yearlings at this stage. Old enough to follow the hunts, but too young to participate. My parents were the betas of the Druid pack. My siblings are nearly exact replicas of them. My coat, being russet with some greys and black, made me stand out more. Different than the whole pack, I'm branded an outcast. The dragga, or alpha, is a large varg, or wolf, with a coat of many colors consisting of browns, blacks, white, grey. Being the only runt of the whole pack, he takes any moment to nip at me and punish me.

As the sikla, or omega, in training for the pack, my life was both easy and hard. My jobs only ever consisted of play and submission. I can come on the hunts, but will get punnished if I get in the way.

I lowered my tail between my legs, wagging it a bit. Laying my ears back to my brother, and I allowed him to growl at me while I smirked. He saw the smirk and batted me on the snout with his paw. This sudden motion caused me to give a sharp yelp and I rolled over trying to be submissive.

He snareled "The next time I catch you doing a prank like that, I'll tell the dragga." he said flicking his tail while he stood over me.

"You need to learn to lighten up Koga," I said attempting to lick his muzzle from below. He was taller than me, so I half sat and did so. He layed his ears back and yawned out of annoyance probably. He was right to be annoyed. I occupy myself by pranking pack members or coyotes. Rarely I'll get a chance to scare the ocational eagle scavenging from the carcasses. Kota happened to be my victim of pranks. I tripped him without touching him, but he knew where I was hiding. Most don't know what tools I use for these pranks, butI only used some thick long grass to trip him.

"Just don't let me catch it again" He said with a smirk. Koga is the only littermate who will let me off with anything. He wants to protect me, even if it means barring his teeth at the dragga. He flicked his tail and his audits pulled forward again as he allowed me to stand up. I rubbed my head in his neck and walked off with my tail down.

My hazel eyes searched for something to do as the pack prepared for an upcoming hunt. In a couple of moons, we get to hunt. Well... My siblings do. I didn't watch where I was going and accidentally bumped right into my father on his patrol of the pack. I lowered myself instantly to the ground, and looked down apologetically. He stared me down and lowered his head baring his teeth.

"Watch it Sage." He said raising his tail. My parents named me Sage because the alpha called me that. The hunters of the pack always laugh at my name, yet I don't understand why.

"Yes father." I said. There was no reason to say anything more. He flicked his tail and walked away from me. I let out a breath of relief. That's odd... He's usually a bit more aggressive towards me. Maybe he was beginning to be a bit more protective of me. He didn't seem too mad. Oh well.

"Sage," my mother called. I turned my head and trot over to her and rubbed my head in her neck in loving greeting. She licked my maw in return and looked at me. I looked back, but didn't look directly into her eyes.

Her eyes seemed to sparkle with love, and I fidgeted under her loving gaze. "Sage you will have to stay near the den during the hunt." I tilted my head and laid my ears back in confusion. She saw my confusion and continued. "There are rouge wolves entering the territory and they prey on the young and weak."