Chapter 4:A Sikla Among Rouges

:Authors Note:

Here ya go guys. Sage is hanging in there. If you have any suggestions, I might change up the first few chapters to make it longer and more detailed. Sorry for my horrible writing skills guys lol. I'm trying to improve.

:A Sikla Among Rouges:

My eyes blinked open as they adjusted to the dim light of the large den. I didn't stir too much but allowed my ears to lift. There wasn't much activity outside of the den from what I heard.

Inside the den, the two wolves were conversing with each other over me.

"She's too weak to stand up to us Malak" growled the one closest to me.

"She's strong minded, clever for a sikla like her to run off the way she did," snorted the one near the entrance. His tail flicked as his ears turned towards me. His head turned to face me and he smiled.

"She's awake."

The closest varg turned his head down at me and smirked, showing his sharp white canines. "Well hello there little one."

I kept my maw shut and shifted myself into a more comfortable yet submissive position. My tail curled around and under my belly while my eyes refused to meet theirs.

The roan varg, Malak, laughed at my submissive position change and snorted. "Seems she's given up on challenging us."

"No, not quite," the dark grey remarked.

I pulled my lips back baring my teeth. Malak chuckled and shook his head. His eyes piercing through my own.

"Still refusing to respect us huh?" He growled. He seemed to want to punish me for showing my teeth. The hatred he had towards me was almost steaming out of his nose.

"She's a feisty one." Purred the dark grey flicking his tail. Being closer to me than the varg who hated me, I felt a bit protected from him.

There seemed to be a commotion going on outside of the den as a distinct smell made my stomach growl a bit. A hunting party was back it sounded like. The elk meat was clear and noticeable.

A growl sounded just outside the den and Malak grunted as he lifted himself up and shook his pelt. Dry dirt flew at me so I closed my eyes until he was done. With a flick of his tail, he parted the den with the grey varg close behind.

My heart stopped and I have a small whine when the dragga entered. He had a small amount of meat in his jaws. His eyes sparkled with humor at my submissive position. He blocked what little light there was in the den. I eyed him with caution and fear.

He lowered his large head and gently set the liver down. His tail flicked and he sat down patiently. He watched me and chortled. "Eat up."

"No." I growled laying my ears back and looking away from the liver.

"I don't think you want me to force you to eat Sage." He yawned bored.

My head lowered down to my paws. His threats scared me and made me feel empty and alone. His voice was dark, his smirk was dark, everything about him was sinister.

"I understand you refused to eat before you came," he smirked. "Now that behavior just won't do, now will it? I'll excuse you this time, but now you WILL eat."

I leaned on the wall of the den and hoped it would engulf me and save me from this nightmare.

"Well, I can't have dead bait, and you need to eat."

"I'm not hungry..." I whined quietly.

"Like hell you're not," he barked.

He nudged the liver closer to me and offered a nip to my paw. I yelped and sat up quickly.