Chapter 8:Sage's biggest fear

:Sages POV:

My senses came to before I opened my eyes. I knew I was captured again, my nose is never wrong. Something else familiar made me want to howl out in frustration. The rope was around my neck again. Despite my fear, I am keeping my eyes closed. If I can keep my heart rate low enough, maybe they'd think I'm still asleep.

I need to find out a plan, and fast. There's no telling how much I'll be hurt for my defiant escape attempt. And the thought made my heart jump slightly. Suddenly there was a low laugh that sounded behind me. Still, I kept quiet.

"I know you're awake, don't lie to me." The familiar voice growled slightly.

"Perhaps, my dear 'mate', you should be more gentle with me. You know I've rejected you, so why won't you let me free?" I scoffed

"Oh, but you've yet to receive your lesson hun." I could feel the smirk playing on Lucifers maw.

My eyes were still closed, but I could hear him walking around the den, closer to me. I felt his presence in front of me, smelled his rough breaths and shivered slightly at the warmth radiating off of him.

"Look at me." He ordered.

I tightened my eyes and shook my head, burying it in my paws and closer to the ground.

"Alright then, let's try another tactic. I'm going to count to three. "One..."

My tail curled tighter to my belly and I shifted away slightly. My neck was curled upward to allow my head to burry into the soft ground.

"Two..."

I gave a little whine and lifted my head from the ground, but my eyes stayed closed.

"Thr..."

I opened my eyes while baring my teeth mostly towards myself. His smirk widened and he chuckled. "I knew you'd give in to the fear."

"I want to go home..." I said quietly. But then I remembered my acquaintance from before. "Where's Cinder?!" I demanded.

"Your pathetic friend?" He chuckled. "We have him... He's being guarded by a LOT of strong rogues."

"Let him go" I pleaded. "He doesn't belong here, h-he didn't do anything."

"What a strange little Varg you are..." He shook his head in disbelief at me. "Don't worry about him. He will be released sometime today unless he himself chooses to stay."

I breathed out a sigh of relief. At least he was safe. I didn't want him to get hurt because of me.

"Can I go home?" I asked with a small smile. I hate the rogues, I hate this Varg, but a little charm might get me somewhere.

"Hmm, let me think..." He tilted his head with a smirk. "No." His head looked back down at me.

"Please?" I added with a small raise to my voice.

"Not a chance sweetheart." He gave me a wink.

I laid my ears back and growled. "This isn't fair." My voice was broken, and I winced. "I'm not comfortable at all, the rope hardly has any length to it, and I'm grounded? The audacity!!"
___________________________
(What? Sage can be dramatic too lol)
----------------------------------------------

"Um yeah...That would be the point," he sighed.

He then stood up and left the den after swiping his tail in my face. That, of course, made me abruptly stand with a small sneeze.

The rope provided me with little to no room to walk or even turn in my spot. I turned my head downward to try and bite my containment. The dirt around the rope was slightly soft, but from what I could tell, I'd still be trapped if I could climb out of the small hole.