Chapter 10: Sage's Not Having It

Sage's POV:

Lucifer looked towards me as I took in the information the Dragga had given to all of us. Chuckling, he stepped closer to me, making our pelts touch. "After we destroy your rich pack, you will have me, and me alone." He whispered in my flattened ears, giving them a lick with his warm tongue. I closed my eyes and shook slightly at the shivers running up my spine.

"No you wont." I breath out. Despite the fear he instilled in me, I wouldn't let their plan succeed. "I wont let you. I'll fight you all until I die."

"Oh really?" The Dragga took a step towards me, and the rest of the Varg rolled their eyes. They were sick of this, and I guess I was too. "Get to your chores and prepare for the journey. NOW!!" he yelled at his pack.

"You don't want to be making statements like that hun." Lucifer bared his teeth at me.

"Well, looks like I just did." I lift my head and looked them in their eyes. "You're all such dicks." I scold them.

"Okay... anything else?" Lucifer asked.

"You think this funny, but just you wait. I wont let your plans succeed. I wont go anywhere with you," My voice raises and I step away from them.

"What are you going to do then? Run? Fight?" The Dragga growls. "You wouldn't get a hundred yards before we caught you. Fighting would kill you."

"Okay, well you don't know for a FACT that I cant out run your sorry asses, and so what if I die. What you may do could be painful, but you wont kill me." their expressions were quite shocked and for once, I'm the one amused.

"Not kill you, but you may not be able to stand once I'm through with you darling." Lucifer took a step towards me.

"Does it look like I give a shit about how much pain you'll put me through?" I snarl.

"Damn..." the Dragga breathed out.

"Guess not." Lucifer replied.

Truth be told, they were dumbfounded by my outburst. I had them standing in front of me wide eyed and unsure about what to do. Now is my chance....

"I don't care if you're a lost pup looking for attention, but you're not getting it from me." I give them one last growl before turning around and bolting in the opposite direction, making sure to run away from the rogue den.

I didn't get too far before I heard them running after me, but they weren't laughing. This wasn't a joke. For once they were taking me seriously. I kept my head up and never looked back, knowing they would see that as weakness. I could hear them struggling to catch up. I am faster than them, but chances are, I'm going to run out of energy before them. I needed to loose them and fast.

"Come back here at once!!" I heard the Dragga growl.

I didn't respond for fear of loosing my train of thought and constant breathing pattern. I ran for quite a while, coming up to a river. This wasn't here before, but whatever. The water was quite fast. I hopped in, mid run, and began swimming quickly to the other side, being pulled slightly from the current. I got out, shook myself, and continued to run through the greener forest that awaited me on this side. suddenly, I felt pressure on my spine as I fell downward, rolling with whoever tackled me.

As I rolled, I latched onto my attackers neck enough to draw a lot of blood. He yelped and let me go, allowing me to stand and look at him. It was Lucifer, and in all his glory, he was bleeding pretty badly due to me. I could hear his ragged breathing. Serves you right you big pile of.....

"You have some nerve..." he growled, still out of breath.

"Don't I?" I scoffed back, eyeing the Dragga approaching. He was running, but not stopping... Shit!! I realized too late what his intentions were, and very soon found myself rolling once again. His teeth grabbed a hold of my scruff and he shook violently. He paused for a few seconds, giving me a chance. I leaned up and bit his snout fiercely. There was no way I'd go back with them.