Chapter 2: What Houses?

PLEASE READ. There is a part in this chapter with a comment about slytherins. Please stop commenting about it. I'm tired of them.

After Nico boarded the train, he looked for an empty compartment. Finally finding one, he stowed his trunk and owl on the baggage rack and tried to get some sleep. A few minutes later, he heard the door slide open.

Harry's POV

I opened the door to the only compartment that looked like it had room in it. I peeked inside and saw only another kid like me. But he was facing away from the doorway, seemingly asleep. For some reason he made me nervous, wearing all black and just giving off weird vibes.

I shrugged, "No where else to go." I mutter to myself.

I put my luggage and Hedwig up onto the luggage rack and sit down.

Nico's POV

The other boy sits down in my compartment, disturbing the silence. He must believe that I'm asleep because he doesn't talk to me. A short while later, another boy comes in and asks if he can sit in this compartment. The first boy agrees, and before I know it, they are talking. Boy two introduces himself as Ron Weasley, and the first boy says his name is Harry Potter. Judging from Ron's exited reaction, I'm guessing Harry is quite famous. The name does sound familiar, and it takes him a few minutes to remember that Tom was talking about him. After about half an hour, a woman came by, pushing something.

"Anything off the trolley dears?"

"No thanks," Ron answered glumly, "I'm all set."

"We'll take the lot!" Nico heard Harry say, some metal clinking.

"Woah!" Ron exclaimed.

A few minutes later, he could hear them opening packaging and eating.

"Bertie botts every flavoured beans?" Harry questioned.

Ron started explaining about the flavours, then he was reassuring Harry that the chocolate frogs weren't really frogs. He heard some squeaking and Ron told Harry that it was Scabbers, his rat. Someone named Fred apparently gave him a spell to turn it yellow. Just as Ron cleared his throat, he heard a female voice say:

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost one. Oh are you doing magic? Let's see then."

Ron said what sounded like a bad poem. Nico heard a mini electric sound, followed by a scared squeak. A few minutes later, the girl left, telling them to put on their robes. Nico looked up silently at the two boys, still staring out into the hallway.

"Well that was fun to listen to." He said, making the other boys jump.

"You're awake!" Harry exclaimed. "For how long?"

"The whole time." Nico replied. "A bit hard to sleep with two boys practically yelling at each other."

"Sorry about that. I'm Ha-"

"Harry Potter. And you're Ron Weasley, correct?"

"Uh, yeah." Ron answered.

"Nico di Angelo."

"So, Nico," Ron said, "what house do you think you'll be in?"

"What are the choices?"

"Yeah Ron, what are the choices?" Questioned Harry.

"Well, the one you want is gryffindor, the house of the brave. There's also ravenclaw, the smart one. Hufflepuff, the loyal. And last, there's slytherin. The evil one. All the evil witches and wizards have been in slytherin."

Nico sighed. "I guess I'm in slytherin then. Everyone thinks I'm evil, and if not because of me, then because of my dad."

"No, you seem like a good guy, you can't be in slytherin. You'll be in gryffindor hopefully." Said Ron.

Ω

They left the train a little while longer, and were immediately greeted by a giant who was yelling,

"Firs' years over here."

Nico grasped at the necklace sword around his neck, the guy had a hellhound with him. A puppy, and a small one at that, but still a hellhound.

"Hello Harry"

"Hi hagrid!"

So Potter knows the beast. Hm.

"This way to the boats!" Hagrid shouts.

Boats? Boats? Why boats? Why couldn't it be anything but boats? Poisidon won't let me cross will he?

"Hey Nico, are you feeling alright?" I startle when Harry asks me. If only he knew.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just don't like boats." I wish that was all. I wish I wasn't about to likely die by my uncle.

He nods, seeming understanding. I put my hand into my pocket and pull out a few golden drachmas. When we reach the edge of the lake, I discreetly drop them in, and watch anxiously to see if they'll disappear. When they do, I sigh in relief, but that doesn't mean I wasn't nervous still when I got on the boat. By the time we got out on the other side of the lake, the worst that had happened was a lot of rocking and getting soaked. Everyone who was in the boat with me was also soaked, and looking a little green. After being magically dried off, we went into the castle and an extremely old looking witch greeted us, introducing herself as professor McGonagall. She said before we can sit down, we must be sorted into our houses, to which a muggle born witch asked,

"What houses?"

The woman replied by saying how they will be like our family, yada yada. I started to zone out, ADHD and all. By the time she left I was dimly aware of a blond kid talking to Harry, before turning to me and asking,

"So who are you? A pure blood I would hope. We have enough muggle filth here, don't you agree?"

"Sorry what?" I reply, snapping back to reality, I had been sending out messages to the ghosts I sensed, telling them to treat me like the other students.

The boy sneered, "I said, who. Are. You. A pure blood hopefully. We don't need anymore muggle filth."

"Nico di Angelo." I answered, bowing mockingly. "A half blood actually, only found out about wizards recently." Again, not the full truth. "And as for 'muggle filth', I don't see any. The only filth here seems to be coming from you."

Blondie (a/n no offence to blondes, I'm one too) got tapped on the shoulder by McGonagall who told us,

"Their ready for you now."

With that, she lead us into the grand hall.