Capter 10: Catching up with friends

Can someone please tell me what chapter I'm on, it's not displaying chapter name right now and I'm too lazy to count. Thanks. Also, I speak how I write, quite formally. Today I was inquiring about all the pajama clad people at my school today. Just thought you ought to know. *faints*

Nico POV

I sigh as I stare out the window, taking in the scenery, kinda. I'm mostly thinking of what I will say when I get back to the castle. I'm not very good with thanking people. I glance at my reflection in the window, and grin at the eyeliner and choker, I have never looked so good, at least not recently. I don't turn around when the door slides open.

"Uh, hello. Do you mind if I sit here?" A voice says.

I just wave a gloved hand, indicating for them to sit down. I hear some shuffling around and finally they sit. I turn around to look at whoever has joined me, and hear a gasp.

"Nico? You look so different!" Hermoine says. "It's only been a week!"

I just nod.

"Are you alright Nico?"

"Oh yes, much better. I've been sleeping more, finding rest easier at home."

Hermoine grins. "That's great Nico! But why the sudden change in appearance?"

I chuckle. "Christmas gifts." I tell her.

"Ahh." She whispers, understanding. "So, what'd you do this first week?"

"Not much." I say. "Just having fun, hanging out, not dying."

She looks flustered. "I- I suppose not dying is always a good thing. But why would you need to mention that now?"

"Why not?"

She shrugs. We spend the rest of the train ride chatting, and she seems surprised by my sudden change of personality.

Ω

When we reach the school (we used horse drawn sleighs!), we found Ron and Harry in the library. Hermoine drops a book on the table in front of them and reads a passage on the philosophers stone. Not much we didn't all ready know. I'm tempted to try the weeds again, but once again, something tells me it isn't the time. For the rest of the week, it's snowball fights, hot chocolate, and me avoiding Christmas carollers.

Word count: 366 not including authors note.

Sorry for such a short chapter, there's not many more left. I'm working on three fan fics right now, and only this one is published. Ciao!