Chapter 5: Scars

I woke up in a cold sweat. I looked up and saw the other boys in my dorm staring at me.

"What?" I snap at them. They wince, good.

"You were thrashing around in your sleep, are you okay?" One of them asks.

"I'm fine, a simple dream, nothing big."

They just nod, I scare them. I sigh and get out of bed, grab some clothes, aka robes, and go to the bathroom to change. When I'm done, I go to the great hall for breakfast. I'm not very hungry so I just grab a small apple. When I'm done, the apple core magically disappears. I head off to my first class, potions.

Ω

In the dark dungeon, I once again felt at home. The only strange things were the abundance of kids and cauldrons. When the teacher walked in, he couldn't have cared less. He seemed to be picking on Harry, which bothered me a bit. Harry had been nice to me. Nice. Kind. They were foreign feelings. Eventually, the teacher waved his wand and spidery writing appeared on the chalkboard. It was murder to my dyslexia. I got to work after what I thought was a pretty good deciphering of the words. I frowned when the potion turned purple, instead of the creamy white it was supposed to be at this point.

"Mister di Angelo," Snape sneered, "can't you read? The instructions clearly say to add the beetle eye after stirring it twice, not thrice."

I heard snickers from behind me. I was really starting to hate this Snape guy.

"Actually sir, I can't read." This gets a shocked look from Snape and a few students, as well as snickers from more students. "I have dyslexia and your awful writing is murder. Besides, my first languages are Greek and Italian. The only language I can read without dyslexia is Greek. So no, sir, I can't read."

Snape snaps (lol). "Well then you'd better learn, and fix your eyes! I'm not writing in Greek just for you!"

I just laugh. Just laugh. Everyone looks at me confused. Why am I amused, why not scared, that's what they want to know. My laugh is cold, harsh, but melodic at the same time, making people quiver with fear. I laugh, and I what I do next I will never regret.

I punched Snape in the face.

                                                                        Ω

I was happy the rest of the day, despite the detention I got. Wasn't hard, I had to clean the cob webs from a store cupboard. I just glared at the spiders and they started unraveling the webbing. By the time Snape came back, it was five minutes later and the cobwebs were all gone. I was dismissed with a sneer and headed back to my dorm. It wasn't too late as I finished so fast. My dorm mates were shocked to see me back so fast. Before I knew it, it was curfew so the rest of the boys started changing. I turned around and pulled off my shirt, to hear a gasp from behind me.

"Nico, where did you get all those scars?" One of the boys asks.

I wince, I had forgotten about them. (A/N this is before the giant war but Nico still has a fair collection of scars) There were slashes, stab wounds, bite marks, and even a few gun shots from pesky mortals. I turn around, revealing my front which has even more scars. They all gasp and I glare at them.

"It doesn't matter. Scars are nothing but memories." I speak in a low tone, a tone that has made monsters tremble. I pull on my shirt and go to sleep.

WOO! Chapter done! I have sucked at updating.