pentatonix imagine

𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓮 - say something 

𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 - s a d, hospital, talks of death, talks and mentions of cancer, loads of crying, angst, anxiety 

𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 - leona finds out that she has cancer but immediately thinks she's dying and won't go into remission. after losing all motivation to talk about anything, your brother scott and his band pentatonix hatch a plan whilst on tour to get you to talk to them by dedicating your favourite cover of theirs to you every night on tour. it's too late but you finally say something

𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓮 - originally, i had the og bass of ptx, avi kaplan in this but because of his long ago depature and matt sallee's introduction and longevity in the band, avi has now been removed and matt has come in. i also originally wrote this as scott and leona dating but i've now changed it to the two of them being brother and sister and decided to bring in mark who is actually now married to scott as scott's partner so it's more realistic. 

- - - 

sixth of june 2018

dark, isolated, scared, withdrawn 

those words were four of many emotions you felt right at this moment. recently you had been ill so your brother scott and his boyfriend mark decided to take you to the hospital to sort it out. however, this only came to the realisation that you would be told the worst piece of news anyone could be told. cancer was your new diagnosis as you attempted to come to terms with it in the internal radiation therapy room of the hospital you had been newly transferred to. 

you were terrified. you were sad. angry, confused, heartbroken. tears streamed down your cheeks as you realised that slowly you were dying from what was mainly an incurable disease even though recovery and remission was possible and you had only just discovered this diagnosis. from what you had the courage to ask, you had found out that you had maybe up to at least a couple of months from today to the end of christmas. and that was if luck was on your side. which, knowing you, it never was on your side, clearly otherwise you wouldn't be finding out you have cancer. the next biggest thing you were trying desperately to wrap your head around and comprehend was how on earth you were going to tell this news to everyone. to scott, mark, kirstin, mitch, kevin, matt, mario, ben...how on earth was she going to do that and how were they then going to react and how was she going to deal with that? 

leona's pov

huffing, i came to the conclusion, after a good two or so hours, that i wanted to leave. i was allowed to go home. i didn't want to be in that room let alone that bloody hospital anymore. not only was it upsetting but it was terrifying, especially considering i was alone and away from my brother scott, mark, or any of his band. thankfully, i was cleared by the doctors and nurses to drive and i was home within five minutes, arriving safely into the garage. stepping into the two-storey house that me and the pentatonix crew were all currently living in whilst on tour, i attempted to come up with ways in which i was going to tell them, soft launch, my cancer diagnosis. 

slipping into the lounge room, scott perked up as i only just noticed, "...hey leona. there you are, when did you arrive?" scott questioned as i gulped, my eyes widen before i relaxed, smiling back i responded 

"hey, umm, only just a couple of minutes ago so, not long, why?" i questioned as i rested myself against the couch as i could tell scott, mark and the rest of the band wanted to know how the appointment went