01| Godly

This is an original story and I haven't stolen any characters or plot. If it is similar to any story sorry, I haven't read one like it...

I wrote this book when I was 14, I am now 19. I hope you enjoy reading it. I love seeing your comments to this day, 5 years later❤️

Enjoy reading :)

Please go give this book a review on goodreads if you have the app! I would love to see what you guys think❤️

Ava's POV
(whole story in Ava's POV unless said)

Waking up the bright sun hit my face causing me to squint my eyes shut. Looking around first I yawn and step out of bed to run to my best friend Val's room which is underneath mine. Running down the stairs I open her door, she is dressed and is now putting her shoes on.
"You ready to do this?" She said to me standing up to hold my hand.
"Ready." I said as we started to walk down the long stairs. We heard a loud cough from behind causing us to stop in our tracks. Isaac and James are stood there smirking in front of us. Val takes a small step closer to me in shock as Isaac started walking towards her.
"Come on babe. I won't hurt you." He said reaching his hand out to grab her. "That's what you said last time. Don't touch her again or I will kill you." I say putting Val a little behind me.
"Why so aggressive babe?" James said to me folding his arms.
"You both know why." I said scoffing. They have the audacity to say that, really? At this moment I tried to look strong and powerful, I couldn't show any weakness. Even though inside my whole body is trembling which was shown through my now watery eyes.
"Yes but we said to never discuss that didn't we? We are never going to tell anyone. Are we?" James said taking a step forward. How can I keep this in? It's a secret needing help itself.
"Yes. We won't tell." I and Val said at the same time.
"Anyone?" He said taking another step closer.

"No one."

They both turned around laughing at the thought of their dirty little secret being kept. Not for long. "Are you ok?" Turning around to Val I see her crying a little. I wipe the tear trailing down from her eyes and we head to the kitchen.
"Hello dear, we are just making breakfast. Are you excited for your big day tomorrow?!" My mother Darcy says to me while Malia, Val's mum gives her a big hug. "Not particularly." I roll my eyes looking at her strangely. We are supposed to be getting married tomorrow. I to James and Val to Isaac.
"I know dear but you can't go against what your father says can you? You know the consequences. You can't upset Noah." She says quietly while a tear rises in her eye.
Noah, my father, is a selfish man. He doesn't think about others and does what he pleases. Whenever he is angry he takes it out in my mother by hurting her, these are the consequences. She has never told me but I see the bruises and scars. She tries to pretend everything is ok when in reality, everyone knows how it really is, they're just too afraid to speak up. Noah was almost going to reject my mother when they first met but decided not to only for his own pleasure. My mother is a good, kind person. She doesn't deserve him.
"Mum we have to tell you something." I say stepping forward towards the kitchen counter. "Anything girls." A small smile formed on her face.
"James and Isaac, they...hurt us. It was a couple of months ago. They said if we told anyone they would kill us." I blurted out quietly so anyone around us couldn't hear. I said it so fast I wonder if they even heard what I said. I don't know how they will react.
They both gasped and looked at each other angrily. "That's it." Malia says running up the stairs with all of us following her. She ran into our rooms and a couple minutes later she came out with two backpacks.
"What is this for?" I say taking the bag from her.
"You are both not staying here any longer. You can't live here it's not good, it's not what you both deserve." Malia whispers standing next to my mother.
"That will mean we have to become rogues..." Val said taking the bag and putting it on her back.
"It's better than this. Trust me." Mother says with another small smile. Me and Val give them both a big hug like it was our last...I hope it's not our last. They would do anything for us; I love them both so much.
"We will come back for you, we promise." I say walking down the stairs. I'm not so sure I want to do this. It's a dark world and we could easily be killed in a few weeks with the rogue population growing. But I know I can't stay here. Not anymore.
When we go to open the front door I come face to face with the man himself. Noah. Or in other words my father.
"Hello Noah." I say looking up at him. I never call him Dad because in my eyes he doesn't deserve the title. A dad should protect his daughter, not sell her away for money and trade as he has done by forcing a marriage upon me.
"And where do you think you two are going." He says folding his arms while raising an eyebrow.
"We are just going into town to buy a few things." Val smiled. Her smile was full of pain; anyone could easily see that which wasn't good. Hopefully Noah doesn't notice.
"I'll drive you both." He said picking up his car keys and heading out the door. He only drives us places so we won't run away. He underestimates us a lot and assumes we are too weak to go against him. He's wrong. Very wrong.
"It's fine we can walk." I say pushing past him slightly with Val. Quickly we both speed off running so he can't force a yes for the answer.
"Run and don't stop Val" I am ahead of her but not by far. We can't stop running, not now or ever...