13| Katherine

"Stay here and don't move." Was Jace's last words before he ran out the door then locked it behind him. I made sure to just stay in bed until Jace got back, I couldn't hear any growls or fighting so I'm not quite sure what's going on to be honest. Laying down I decide to close my eyes for a bit as they are desperate to be shut anyways. Sleep just didn't love me recently which I hated, I'm always so tired but I can never get to sleep.

"Sorry to scare you, it's a false alarm." Jace says through the mind link. I'm somewhat relieved but mad he scared me like that.

"It's okay; I'm going to sleep anyways."

"Night princess."  I've realised Jace hasn't told me much about the rogue attack yesterday; actually he hasn't mentioned it at all. He probably has good reasons though?

.

Waking up I groan as I turn over to get my water, accidentally falling off the bed and onto the hard floor. "Ava?" Jace says laughing as he peaks his head over the bed to look down at me. "Yes?" I say as if nothing happened.
I head to the bathroom to get ready and have a shower. When I came out Jace wasn't here but I knew he was in the house so I put a top and shorts on before heading downstairs.
As I go to reach for the handle it's completely broken so the door just gently pushes open.
"Why is the door handle broken to our room?" I laugh walking into the kitchen where Chase and Jace were sat.
"Oh yeah, I locked the door last night when I left didn't I, so when you fell asleep I couldn't get back in." He shrugged drinking his water before heading towards the front door.
"You could have just woke me up to open it you know?" I laugh.
"Ava, make sure to go see Jeff today at 12 and also I won't be back till, later but if you need me just say." He winked before running out the house, literally. "Okay then." I laugh turning to face Chase. "So what happened last night?" I question Chase who was silently making breakfast.
"I'm not sure. Jace and Caden said they would handle it. I know it was something about a lone female rogue though." He shrugged. A lone female rogue?
"She asked to speak to Jace independently so Jace told us all to leave." He shrugged. I frown before heading out the kitchen door. It's 11am so I've had a long lie in, I'll probably slow walk to the infirmary so I'm not too early. As I'm walking I can't get my mind off what Chase said. Accusations and assumptions kept coming to mind but I shake them away. He's been acting weird lately, coming home late with messed up clothes and smelling weird before the rogue attack. And now a lone female rogue wants to speak to him alone?
As I reached the infirmary I said hello to Jeff and he did a full check up to see if I was okay and doing well. My wrist wasn't broken anymore; it healed very quickly which was surprising. It's handy being a werewolf sometimes.
"Hey Luna." The girl Renny from the other day said walking out the infirmary. "Oh hey, are you okay?" I ask, meaning why she was coming out the infirmary.
"Yeah, Jeff is my father so I was just asking him for some money." She smiled before holding up a €50 note. I laugh when she wiggles it in her hands. "Would you mind coming to the border with me a second? My friends said they would meet me there before we all head to the mall." She smiles.
"Not at all." I smile back, she's such a nice girl and kind of reminds me of a younger me as she's quite shy. She was telling me about all her friends, school and Zach. I was home schooled so I can't relate to the gossip and bitching about the popular girls she's telling me.

"He snores quite loud, I have to shove him off the bed until he shuts up. But he looks so cute when he sleeps, not like I'm staring or anything." She laughs talking about Zach.
"Don't worry, were all guilty of staring." I begin to say until we finally get to the border. "Don't tell anyone but Jace is the cutest sleeper ever, and look at this." I say showing her the picture of all the boys in onesies. Bursting out laughing she runs to her friends after thanking me for walking her. Jace's hates me calling him cute so if he finds I'm telling pack members, he would be pretty mad.
I sit at the border for a while, just through boredom, before I feel movement from behind me.
"So you're the bitch he chose." A woman stood in front of me with folded arm. She had light blonde hair, a slim figure and strangely big lips, they were very noticeable. "What?" I said back to her, she was clearly a rogue from the alerted vibe my wolf was sending to me.
"Jace." She sarcastically said back. Is this the rogue Chase was talking about? "Who are you--" I got cut off from Caden quickly running into the scene out of nowhere.
"Katherine, leave!" Caden growled before 'Katherine' rolled her eyes turning around to run away back into the woods. "Caden, who was that?" I questioned but he already began walking back to the house.
"She's just a random rogue who came here yesterday." I heard the uncomfortableness radiating from his voice. "Well how do you know her name then?" I begin to question.
"S-she told us." He gives me a duh expression.
"Well--" I start to say but he cuts me off. "Ava, she came to the border yesterday saying something to Jace but he told her to leave. That's all I know." He said before turning around quickly and walking away, what the hell?
I decide to follow him and see what is happening, he walks straight to the pack house and into Jace's office and begins talking. As I get close I put my ear against the door to listen.
"She came back again, Katherine. She was talking to Ava. I don't know what about." Caden said to Jace.
"Shit." Jace mumbled as Caden carried on.
"What can we do?"
"We could just kill her?" Jace said. Okay I'm not going to get mad, I'm just going to ask this Katherine what the problem is then. I quickly descend the stairs and run into the woods, I shift so it gives me a better chance of not being caught.