Chapter Three

A/N: This wasn't really brought to my attention 'til that some things in this book can be REALLY triggering. So from now on, please stop reading if you are triggered by things like rape or torture. I talk about stuff A LOT in my books and with friends and didn't completely understand until right now how much that could bother someone. Thank you Prplzorua so much for explaining this!

"Anxiety, just breathes," Prince says. I let out a soft broken laugh. "I'm so stupid and weak and scared and unneeded," I sob. "What makes you say that?" he asks. "My voice, lips, and tongue," I joke, trying to lighten the mood.

"Why do you think the that?" Prince corrects himself. "I don't think, I know. All of you would have it so much easier without me," I snap.

"That's not to-" "Yes it is," I cut off Prince. "Well, I don't think Morality and Logic would agree, and I definitely don't agree," he says. He's lying. "Why did you have a nightmare?" Prince asks. "I have them every time I go to sleep," I explain, curling into a ball.

"When Morality and Logic get back, you're to explain why you have nightmares. And no, you don't have a choice," Prince says. I sigh and uncurl from myself.

I walk into the bathroom and lock the door. After about ten minutes, Prince tries to open the door. "I would not like to explain my nightmares to you, and I refuse to let you make me," I say.

I hear him leave or at least pretend to. Not much later he opens the door. "I know how to pick a lock," Prince informs me. "Also Morality and Logic are back, so come on," Prince says, dragging me to Logic and Dad.

"Hey kiddo," Dad says. "Salutations," Logic tells me. "So, we're all here because Anxiety has been having nightmares, and he's going to tell us how long and why," Prince tells them.

"Well, they've been happening for almost two years now. Ever since-" No one cares about you, slut. "-nevermind. It's not important," I say. I'm not important. I feel someone hug me. "Please tell us," Prince begs.

"I... I... Okay. Ever since the first time Depression r-raped me," I say and take a deep breath. "Oh... my God." I look up to see everyone in shock. Logic looks confused, Dad starts to cry, and Prince looks angry. I'm not sure who though. Probably me. I'm such a fuck up.

"W-what else did Depression do?" Prince asks. I look back down. "Usually just hit, kicked, and cut me. Sometimes it was rape or being burned. But he would always tell me useless I am. Stupid, freak, unloved, fuck up, a piece of shit, slut, bitch, and more," I say.

Dad hugs me, full on bawling now. It's my fault he's crying. I hug him back. "I'm sorry," I sob into his shirt. I should have just stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry. Sh-shouldn't have said anything. When I talk, I just make things worse," I explain and cry harder. I feel two more pairs of arms wrap around me.

"You should never have to suffer in silence, okay," Prince says. "It's not like I do anything good for Thomas. You should let me suffer. I deserve it," I sob.

"Remember that time when Thomas wanted to climb the huge dead tree in the park and you scared him into not doing it? It fell over a few days later so if you didn't stop Thomas, he could have died," Prince reminds me. "I go-"

"Remember when one girl that asked him out but was trying to use him and you had him say no remembering what she did to Taylor when no one else did? You saved him from a toxic relationship," Dad adds.

I smile, remembering all through time. "Thank you," I tell them. "Come on, let's watch Mulan," Dad says. I fill with excitement but try to hide it. "That's would be... nice I guess," I smile.

As the movie goes on, I hum every song. I would never sing around them. I'm a part Thomas, so singing around him is different. Safer.