Alternative Happy Ending

"What happened to Anxiety making him have to stay another day?" Imaj asks Prince, both of them thinking I'm asleep.

I can practically feel Prince freeze up. I would pretend to wake up to save him, but Imaj would ask me and I'm not sure I could handle it.

"You aren't old enough to know. Even if you were old enough, you wouldn't want to know," Prince tells Imaj, his voice cracking near the end. "Was it really bad?" Imaj questions. "Y-yes," Prince tells him before starting to cry.

I take his sobs as my cue to "wake up". I blink a few times before slowly sitting up. Just to top it all off, I yawn and stretch a little. "Hey, what's wrong Roman?" I ask. "Nothing. I'm fine hun. You can go back to sleep," he replies.

"Hun, eh?" I say before kissing his cheek. Imaj says "Ew," and leaves. "Well then, my hero, would you lay with me?" I ask. He blushes nods. I move over to make some room for him but in the end, we end up spooning.

"Roman, you know I love you, right?" I ask. "Yes, I love you too," he replies, kissing my shoulder. "Would you by chance want to be my boyfriend?" I ask. "More than anything," he answers. I smile.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you," he says, pulling me closer. "That's fine. I could hardly hear my screams. I would be a bit scared if you could," I joke. "He's not dead and none of us know where he is. What if he comes back for you again when no one's around?" Roman sobs.

"I guess I wouldn't stop him and this would happen again," I reply. I hear him start to cry harder and hold me a bit tighter. "You can't just let him hurt you. I don't want him to break you again," he protests.

"I've never been broken and I'll never break. I just have a few scratches and dents, but will never be broken. Once your broken you can't be fixed. I know I'll always get back up again because I haven't gave up yet and what would be the point in starting now?" I tell him.

He kisses my shoulder and smiles. "I love you darling," he say. "I, sadly, am madly in love with you. It's awful because then I'm stuck with you and you're an arrogant prince. It's a curse, really," I joke and he laughs.

"No 'darling'. You're the curse." Prince and I look up and see De.

"Wrong," Prince immediately counters, "Anxiety has done nothing to deserve your tortures!"

De shrugs. "I guess that where you're wrong. You all deserve it. He's just least confident and weakest. The perfect target for my revenge," he growls.

"What did he do? He was needed after we got rid of Thomas' overly emotional side," Prince defends.

"Ender is the one that should be alive! Not this freak that worries about everything. He may keep Thomas a little safe, but he questions everything. You took away my perfect angel and replaced him with this monster," De rants. Tears start to fall from his eyes and I walk up to him.

He tries his hardest to move away from me and I keep getting closer anyways. "Stay away from me," he demands, his voice sounding scared and broken. I get closer and then
.
.
.
I hug him.

He struggles to get away for just a moment before a broken sob escapes his lips and he hugs me back. "It's okay. You can stay with us and we can be your family," I reassure him.

"You can't just for-"

"Yes I can. He hurt me, remember? It's my choice if he's forgiven or not and I say he is," I tell my lover.

"No, Prince is right. I need to do something to prove or redeem myself," Depression says before letting out a broken laugh. "You know... I'm not actaully Thomas' depression. He's never had depression. I'm his criticism. I'm seen as depression because his criticizes himself more than anyone else because he doesn't like thinking badly of others. Ender understood that. He was the Prince to my Anxiety," De says.

"Come on. You can stay in my room and I'll sleep with Princey," I tell him.

"That would be nice," he replies.