Chapter Five

Once we get back home I head stright to my room. I'm almost there I run into Imaj. I was about to yell at him before realizing he's crying. I lean down and grab his hand. I bring him into my room which has the night sky on the ceiling.

I pull Imaj into my bed and lay next to him. He's honestly one of my favorites because looks and acts like a sweet kid.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. "Everyone was being mean to each other. They wouldn't stop scolding Prince for being gone so long," he sniffles.

"How about we watch a movie on my laptop," I suggest. He agrees almost immediately and I bring my laptop on my bed. We lay on our stomachs as Inside Out plays on the screen.

"Why does everyone think you're the bad guy?" Imaj asks suddenly. "I... I'm not sure. I must just look scary," I tell Imaj, rawring for effect after, not wanting him to know the real reason. "Okay. I'll just have to show them you aren't actually scary," he giggles. "Have fun with that squirt, now watch the movie," I smile.

Near the end, I'm about to ask him what he wants to watch next when I notice he fell asleep. I turn off Inside Out and pick up Imaj. While holding him in one arm, I pull down my blanket and put him on one side. I then get in on the other side and pull the blanket over us.

I start to fall asleep when I notice Imaj cuddling me, just like a younger sibling would. I'm letting my guard down more and more lately. I wrap my arms around him and fall asleep.

I'm running away from someone, but I'm unsure of who. I get to a clearing and stop running. I'm safe here. I stop to see who was following me, surprised to not only see Depression, but Prince, Logic, and Dad too. I walk to the center of the clearing and see a flower.

I wake up, Imaj still in my arms. I start to mess with his hair when I hear everyone call for. He stirs in his sleep so I get out of bed and open the door as quiet as possible.

"Can you guys shut up?" I whisper. "We're searching for Imaj," Logic explains. "I know. He's fine," I reply. "Oh yeah? How can you be so sure about that?" Prince replies. "He's asleep in my room. He fell asleep while we were watching a movie last night," I explain. I refuse to let him drown like me.

I walk back in my room and then curl into a ball. The only thing going through my head was the many ways I could fail Imaj. I'm on the break of tears when I feel small arms hug me. I snuggle closer into the small person whose more than likely, Imaj. I lay down, put my head on his lap, and close eyes. My door opens, but I keep my eyes closed.

"He looks so adorable," Prince says, as his fingers run through my hair. All of a sudden, I'm in Prince's lap. Everything feels so sudden and out of the blue lately though. I cuddle closer to him and I hear Dad awww.

"Hey Princey," I say. "Yeah," he asks after jumping a little. "Can you sing for me," I request. He agrees before humming. And like that I'm out like a light.

I'm in a dark room. I look around, unable to find a way out. "Hello freak show," De says. "Help," I call out to the void. "Babe, we're just getting started," he laughs. In his hand I see a light. Fire. He pulls off my sweatshirt and burns my arm. I scream. I hate it when he burns me. It doesn't happen enough to get use to. "You want  some more," he asks, burn me again.

"Stop! Please," I beg, making him. "You're such a cry baby and all you ever do is cause problems. No wonder everyone hates you so mu-" he gets cut off by a light forming in the corner. "I got you. You'll be okay. I'm here," the light comforts me, sounding like Prince. I relax and Depression starts to panic. I go over and touch the light. "Prince?"

"Prince," I mumble. I look up and see Prince crying. "You're crying," I force a laugh. He hugs me and says "So are you." I hug him back and cry. "You're okay. If he ever comes back I'll protect you. I am a prince after all," he says rubbing my back.

"Promise?" I ask him, my voice cracking.

"Promise."