Chapter 34

Sam was woken by the movement from the bed beside him. Turning over he saw Emma had got up before seeing the light coming from the bathroom. Getting up he wandered out into the kitchen running her a glass of water.

Standing beside the door he knocked gently before stepping inside and crouching behind her. "Here-" "Thanks..." She took it appreciatively leaning against him slightly as he smiled. "And the fun begins?" She laughed gently as she glanced over her shoulder at him. "If that's what you call fun then I need to rethink my future with you."

He smirked helping her up from the floor as they headed back to bed. It was still early and so they settled back down before Sam needed to get ready and head into the hospital. He left Emma tucked up asleep in bed knowing that she wasn't sleeping particularly well already.

Connie woke as the bed dipped beside her causing her to groan and roll onto her back. Greg knelt beside her before leaning across her, a hand leaning into the mattress the other side of her. He smirked watching her as she mumbled with her eyes still shut. "Don't make me regret asking you to live with me-" "Oh come on, how could you ever regret waking up to me every morning."

Opening one eye she arched a brow as he dipped down to kiss her. Connie responded to him as he parted from her, letting himself drop back down beside her. Propped up on his elbow he looked at her as she lifted her arms from beneath the duvet stretching up. The covers slipped lower down revealing the black lace of her bra causing Greg's eyes to wander over her body.

He ran a hand over her toned stomach as Connie dropped a hand back down to lay above his. Looking across to him she took a deep breath. "Have you showered already?" "Have indeed, it's all yours." She nodded as he leant down to kiss her again but for longer this time. Connie placed a hand behind his neck as his hand wandered to her hip pulling her over as he rolled onto his back.

Connie's knees dipped into the bed either side of him as she straddled his waist. Her hands pressed into the pillow as she deepened the kiss feeling Greg's hands wander over her bare skin. She tried parting from him as he continued to press kisses against her lips. "I... Need.. To... Shower-" "It can wait..." Groaning she gave in as he snaked a hand up her back and into her hair.

By the time she had showered, Greg was downstairs fully dressed in the kitchen. Her heels echoed through the hallway as she wandered through to the kitchen. Greg glanced back over his shoulder catching a glimpse of her as she moved through to the living room. Leaning down to the table she flicked her hair over her shoulder calling through to the kitchen. "Have you seen my watch?" "Out here."

She moved through to the kitchen to see Greg holding it out to her. Smiling she stepped up to take it from him as she leant up to kiss him. Taking it from him, she stepped back to lean against the counter as she put it around her wrist. Greg turned back to the side continuing to make breakfast before feeling Connie's arms slip around his waist.

Leaning into his back she rest her head against him before he lifted his arm as she tucked herself against his side. "You're looking particularly beautiful this morning, any reason?" Shaking her head she reached forwards picking up a slice of the fruit he had cut up. "Are we still having dinner with your parents tomorrow night?" "You were serious about that?"

Connie wandered away taking a seat at the breakfast table. "Of course I was, why wouldn't I be?" "Well, it's just every time I'd asked you before there was some reason for you not making it." Greg walked to the table carrying their food before placing it down. He went to take a seat before Connie caught his hand in hers.

"I love you. I'm serious about this, I want everything with you." Greg was quiet as he looked to her seeing no falter in her expression. Stepping closer he laced his fingers through hers before kissing her desperately taking her breath away unexpectedly. Connie lifted a hand to his neck grasping it as his hand tightly gripped to her waist.

It quickly became heated as Connie broke from his lips. "Do you think breakfast can wait?" "Wasn't even hungry." She smirked as he picked her up from the chair, her legs wrapping around his waist as he carried her back through towards the bedroom as he kissed her. His hands pressed to her waist while he pushed her against the door.

Connie dropped her hands to the front of his shirt pulling at the buttons gradually getting them undone. In a heated frenzy she pushed it from his shoulders as he dropped her legs only to run his hands up her thighs pushing the dress up her body. Holding onto the bottom of it he lifted it over her head throwing it to the floor before running his hands over her lace underwear.

His hands pressed against her skin as the coldness from the door contrasted against the heat coming from his body. Connie rest her hands to his shoulders kicking the heels from her feet before he picked her up moving to the bed. Greg leant above her, his hands roaming her body as she placed a hand to the back of his head.

Parting from her lips he pushed his against her neck causing her to arch her back. Pressing herself closer to him he ran his lips across her skin, his breath hot against her neck. Bending her leg his hand ran up it before moving across her thigh. His hands slipped either side of her hips pushing down her underwear before lifting his lips to meet hers again.

Since living with Greg, Connie had found each day just as good as the previous. She'd been worried that living together was maybe too soon but so far it had been nothing but good for them. Two months on, and it seemed that she had made the right decision in pushing to make things work with him.

Although a part of her missed Sam, she knew that this was right for her. As she lay with her head against his chest catching her breath she concentrated on the hand that ran up and down her spine. She swallowed past the lump that had risen in her throat that came with the pictures in her mind after letting her mind wander. She missed Sam a hell of a lot when she thought about it, there was something about him, something about her with him.

She had been trying so hard lately to not think of him that she had suppressed every feeling that was still there. Whether she wanted it to be true or not she loved him. Although she hadn't spared a thought for him lately, there were times that she knew things would be different if it were Sam laying beside her at night and not Greg. She had no idea how he was, or what had happened with Emma because she hadn't taken the time to ask.

Greg pressed his lips to her forehead pulling her back to reality rather quickly. His hand was still running over her back as she lifted her head to look at him. A smile crossed her face, a genuine one, as she saw him watching her. "You okay, you've gone quiet-" "I'm fine... Just late, very, very late." He smirked kissing her again before getting up with her before rushing to work together. She was quiet making their way in as she decided that she needed to speak to Sam to at least find out how he was.