Chapter 81

A/N ~ The final chapter of this, for now at least. I might try a follow up or something new with Connie and Sam, I've not decided yet 🙈 Thanks for reading this for so long! Hope you've enjoyed it 😁

Sam stood with Elliot talking as everyone continued moving about the room. Music played loudly giving everyone something to dance to. His eyes scanned the room before he spotted Grace laughing ahead of him. Moving forwards he watched as she saw him, her direction changing as she ran towards him. "There you are sweetheart, was beginning to think you'd run away." "Silly Daddy!"

She giggled lifting her hands to cover her mouth while he tickled her waist. "Where's your Mummy got to hmm?" Grace shrugged as she smiled hugging him causing a smile to spread across his face. "You're my perfect little princess, you know that don't you?" She nodded quickly before wriggling so that Sam would put her down. "Be careful sweetheart-" "Yes Daddy."

He watched her running away with some of the other children there before noticing Connie come back into the room. His eyes were drawn to her instantly, it wasn't hard, he hadn't been able to stop looking at her all day. Each time his breath was blown away and he became entirely mesmerised by her all over again.

"Hey you-" "Hey... Come here, there's something I want to show you." Sam slipped his hand into hers as they made their way back across the room, several eyes following them as they went before she stepped outside. Her heels instantly began to make small holes in the gravel before Sam lifted her up. Her laughter bought a smile to his face as he carried her before placing her down on the path the other side.

Taking his hand again she wandered down to the small podium that had been decorated with white roses and small twinkling lights. "Con-" "Remember the first time we came here, and you'd done all this without me knowing?" He smiled looking over the river that ran beside them. "How could I ever forget?" "Well now it's my turn to pay you back for all of that."

So one last time, I need to be the one who takes you home. One more time, I promise after that I'll let you go. Baby I don't care if you got her in your heart, all I really care is you wake up in my arms. One last time, I need to be the one who takes you home.

Sam smirked holding a hand out to her as she let her fingers lace through his before he spun her around slowly. "I didn't think you danced." "Don't you know how good it makes a bride feel to dance with her husband?" Shaking his head he remembered when he'd said that to her at the consultant's ball a little over four years ago now.

Twirling her around again, he pulled her tightly into his chest as they danced together slowly. "You looked beautiful today Connie. Every time I looked at you, you took my breath away." The colour rose in her cheeks as he lifted a hand to push a curl of hair back from her face. "Who knew we would ever make it here, hmm?" "I think I always knew it would work out somehow... I guess it's why I could never really let you go."

Sam nodded with a small smile as he found his emotions hard to fight. "You and Grace mean the world to me." Connie smiled as they continued to dance before seeing a few people watching them from a short distance away. "Today has been perfect Sam... I love you." "I love you too Mrs Strachan." A laugh escaped her lips as his arm wound a little tighter around her waist. "I could get used to saying that." "I think I could get used to hearing it."

As he spun her again, he looked over her slowly. The white lace clung to each curve of her body as it made it's way to the floor falling a little freer around her legs. Her shoulders were left completely bare as the lace sleeves covered her arms stopping at her wrists. Her back was on show as the material dipped to the small of her back, her hair pinned up with the odd curl falling freely after making it through the day.

It had taken them two years of planning to get here after focusing on looking after Grace for the first year. "We finally did it." He nodded with a wide smile as he stepped closer pressing his lips to hers. Connie responded to the kiss gently before hearing footsteps running towards them. "Mummy! Daddy!" The pair looked up, his arms still around her waist. "Hey princess!"

Connie bent down to lift her up, placing a kiss to her cheek. "I love you baby." "I love you Mummy." Sam frowned causing the girls to laugh before looking to him. Grace let go of Connie throwing her arms around Sam's neck as she mumbled into his chest. "I love you Daddy." Connie smiled as she rest her head to his shoulder. "I love you too."

Quietly taking Sam's hand she held onto it before resting it to her stomach, her hand on top. "I'm pretty sure they'll love you just as much too." Sam's eyes moved from where they were resting on Grace to see Connie watching him, waiting. He opened his mouth to talk but found no words came out. "R-really?" He became chocked as Connie nodded lifting her hands to wipe the tears from her cheeks before they had a chance to properly fall.

Reaching his arm around her, he pulled Connie into him as she wrapped an arm around Grace's back. "Thank you Connie... Thank you-" "Shut up you idiot. I think you're partly to blame too." He smirked kissing her again before letting his hand lace with hers. "Think we should get back inside, you know seeing as everyone is here for us?" Connie laughed before nodding gently running a hand through Grace's hair. "Let's do this then..."

Sam smiled as he let Grace down watching her run away once again. Keeping Connie's hand within his they walked inside to the cheering and whistling from those around them. It was the end of a long day, but the start of the life they had finally made for themselves.