Disbelief

This is the second to last chapter! *finger guns*

~~~~~.~~~~~

Sans held the cloth so tightly in his hands, he could feel his joints creaking. He knew his eyelights were gone, and he could feel the tears running from his eyes so quickly that even if he had the presence of mind to wipe them away, he wouldn't have been able to keep up.
His brother's dust filled the air, and Sans was trying not to fall into despair as he thought about how it had been his own stupidity, his own idiotically innocent belief that anyone could be good if they tried, that had caused this. He may as well have held the knife himself.
But he hadn't.
Sans felt his eyelights return and the tears stop as he stood slowly, too numb to register that more dust was falling out of the coat. He tied the offensively bright sweatshirt tightly around his waist and began making his way after the little horror that had killed his brother.
He no longer believed in them.

"You have to take your shirt off, you dork," Red said, pulling slightly at the hem of Blue's shirt.

Blue fanned at himself, grinning widely. "Well, how forward of you, sir!"

Red snorted and pushed at him, making Blue fall back onto the bed as he laughed at his own dumb joke. 'More of a Papyrus', indeed.

It had been almost two weeks since Blue had come back. His universe was still gone, but he had slowly gotten happier. He still couldn't sleep alone without having nightmares, but that was okay, because Red was always there to keep them away.

"Take your fucking shirt off, seriously," Red laughed.

Blue sat back up and stripped off his shirt, an old one of Red's that was black and said 'I find this humerus'. "That's a G for the swear jar!" he sang out as he tossed the shirt at Red's face.

Red dodged and snorted again. "Yeah, alright shorty. How about you make me?" he said as he knelt down to inspect the previously injured area. The breaks had healed over nicely, and despite the fact that the pieces of rib that had been cut away would never come back, his sternum and the upper parts of his ribcage that hadn't been affected still protected his soul enough for daily life.

"Is it healed enough to try it?" Blue asked quietly, and Red sobered slightly.

"It's gettin' there," he said. "We'd better give it another day, just in case."

"Are you sure? It looks like it's--"

He was cut off by the door swinging open without warning, Fell outlined in the doorway.

"Blue, when you are finished, I require you in the kitchen. I cannot find the soo-meen."

They both stared at him until Blue finally said, "The what?"

Fell huffed in exasperation. "I am trying to make tacos like we did last night, and the recipe calls for soo-meen."

Red, suddenly realizing what his brother was talking about, started to laugh, standing as he did so and handing Blue back his shirt.

Blue glanced at him, confused, then turned back to Fell. "I've never heard of that. Are you trying a new recipe? How is it spelled?"

"C-U-M-I-N."

Blue looked like he had just won the lottery with the grin that spread across his face. "It's pronounced cue-min, Fell," he said, happily exasperated. "Here, I'll help you find it."

Red shook his head, still laughing as Blue followed Fell out and down the stairs, pulling his shirt back on as he went.

Standing quietly in the huge golden room, Sans awaited the arrival of the human. He was going to fix his mistake. He didn't care what happened to him, he didn't care what it took, he was going to stop the human from destroying what little hope they had left.