Promises

"What do you mean, you're not going to do it?" Blue asked, his eyes wide and disbelieving. "Red, you promised--"

Red held out a hand. "I just said we needed to talk about it first," he said gently.

Blue stared at him for a few seconds, then huffed and sat back down on the bed. "Fine. What do we need to talk about?"

Red sat beside him, the air between them slightly less comfortable than it had been lately. "I don't want to risk you dying."

"Haven't we already been over this? It's worth the risk to--"

"To get me back, right?" Red interrupted. "Blue, you already have me."

Blue turned to look at him, surprised. "But I'm not your Blue. I don't remember anything about you."

"You can learn it! You did it once, why not do it again?"

"But I thought you didn't--"

"I do. I do want you, Blue. I don't care if you remember me before this. When we got married, I promised to love you however you came to me and I'm going to keep that promise."

Blue's mouth was half-open and he was staring at Red like he'd never seen him before. When no response was forthcoming from him, Red continued, trying to express exactly what he was feeling. "If you're willing to start over, to try it again, I would be happy to start over with you."

Blue's eyes welled up with tears as he listened, but Red couldn't seem to stop. "I love you, Blue. Just as much as the day you left, just as much as when I asked you to marry me. I don't care if you don't remember, I don't care if you've changed, I'll never stop loving you."

"Red..." Blue said, and Red choked on his remaining words, looking at him hopefully. "Are...Are you sure?"

Red leaned forward, taking his hands and pulling them into his chest, just like Blue had done to him two weeks ago. His soul immediately began sending out tendrils of magic, and they wound themselves around Blue's fingers. Despite being incorporeal, they still seemed to be holding tight, as though afraid he would pull away. Blue watched them as his tears began to spill over, seeming enamored by the sight.

"I'm completely sure." Red said softly. "These last two weeks have felt like falling in love with you all over again. And if all you need is something to survive for, I want to help with that. I don't want to take any risk of losing you again, Blue. You're my entire world."

And with that, Blue leaned forward, pressing his teeth against Red's and closing his eyes tightly. Red wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer, savoring this moment, committing it to memory.

This was his Blue. And he never wanted to forget that.

THE END

For more works by me (and a shit-ton more CherryBerry xD) go to http://archiveofourown.org/users/CrushingOnSans/pseuds/CrushingOnSans

Also, I'm currently running another set of voting for a second fic like this! Come vote on my OSC (CrushingOn Stupid One-Shots) even if you don't go on Ao3 because it will probably end up on here eventually!