Epilogue

Red stumbled through his bedroom door and out onto the landing, blinking blearily as he went and, as a result, nearly running face first into his brother. Stopping himself just in time, he tipped his head back as far as it would go, the only reasonable way to look at him, honestly, and saw that he looked completely normal and chipper.

Well, fuck him.

Yawning, he followed Fell down the stairs, albeit at a much slower pace as he did his best to convince himself that he really did have to be awake right now. He and Fell had been roped into working the late shift the night before, and Red hadn't even woken up when Blue had gotten up that morning. It had been years since he'd let Blue get up without him.

With a groan of frustration directed at the complicated task of walking, he entered the kitchen, looking around blearily for the little skeleton. He found him quickly, kneeling on a stool in front of the stove and making...were those pancakes?

Walking up beside him, he planted a tired kiss on his cheek before crossing the room and collapsing into a chair at the table. He let his forehead hit the cool wood and let out another loud groan, protesting the whole idea of mornings. He heard Blue laugh, followed by a loud sneeze from his brother. Red peeked to one side to see Blue waving Fell away from the food, reaching up into the cabinet and handing him a plastic bottle full of blue...something? He was tired, he didn't really care.

He could vaguely see Fell waving Blue off before he put the container on the counter with a shrug, reaching out and getting another bottle and setting it right next to the stove before he turned to Red and smiled. Red could feel his tired soul lifting just at the sight of the other in his stupid frilly apron and a spatula in his hand, and he buried his face in his arms to hide the flush he knew was cropping up on his face.

"Red! Come get some breakfast, it'll help you wake up."

He jumped, not having heard Blue approach. He peeked up, making his best star-shaped eyelights, and opened his mouth, about to say something before Blue interrupted him, shaking his head and smiling. "No, I'm not getting them for you. Walking across the kitchen will help you feel better, okay?"

Red let out a prolonged groan of protest, but the other just rolled his eyes and crossed the room, leaving him to his deliberation. Were pancakes really worth getting up for?

Well. They were Blue's pancakes.

Heaving a sigh, he pushed himself to his feet, half-wandering across the kitchen to the counter. Blue, ever the realist, had plated the pancakes for him, and gestured to the counter, where he had apparently put the syrup. Fell already had his, and was sitting at the table as Red grabbed the nearest bottle and poured it haphazardly over his pancakes, not really bothering to look at what he was doing. When he finished, he crossed the room, sitting down heavily next to Blue and starting to eat.

Blue let out an amused sigh, then struck up a conversation with Fell. As Red started to wake up more, his chewing slowed. These pancakes tasted strange...

Glancing over at Blue guiltily, he choked down the pancakes as quickly as he could. Blue's cooking had improved a lot over the years, but that didn't mean he was--

"Red, why is there blue stuff all over your plate?"

Red paused, his eyes clearing a little as he followed Blues gaze, then frowned in confusion. Did Fell get blueberry syrup last time he went shopping? He didn't even know they had that outside of UnderTale.

Fell suddenly burst out laughing, then leaned across the table, swiping up a drop of the liquid and putting it on his tongue. When he tasted it, his laughter increased as he pulled out his phone, starting to dial. Red watched this with some confusion.