006. of angst

SIXall teenagers scare the living shit outta me

SIX
all teenagers scare the living shit outta me.

◦ ❁ ◦

"OH, THE SUPERFLUOUS IRONY IT IS THAT THE DAY YOU WERE PROCLAIMED DEAD WAS THE DAY I WAS REBORN."

          Jason Blossom was a refreshing contrast to the vast majority of Riverdale — 'the town of pep.' Contrary to popular belief, his mannerisms were quite positive. In fact, he was often found with his nose in a book in the library or at a booth in Pop's alongside his sister and best friend — the most unlikely of situations.

          Where his family was concerned, he would go to the ends of the world in order to make sure they remained safe. This was an admirable quality of his, though it was overlooked by his peers due to his macho football player disguise. His heart was a sufficient piece of evidence that he was, and always would be, the same compassionate Jason Blossom everyone grew up with.

          . . . until he died.

JUGHEAD JONES
CHAPTER TWO — EXCERPT

By morning, everyone would be talking, texting, posting about it. We'd all be feeling it: the world around us had changed — maybe forever — that Riverdale wasn't the same town as before, that it was now town of shadows and secrets.

          On Monday, the autopsy on Jason's body would take place; and, on Tuesday, halfway through fifth period, the first arrest would be made. Then, the second. Then, the third.

          Adalia Blue Shay was our first glimpse at the stereotypical rich girl that ruled this town with a gold fist. However, underneath that shell was a darker truth, a darker secret. Alongside her was Ingrid Newton, a name forgotten by the students of her high school.

          Once innocent, loving, even sincere Adalia was found in phantom handcuffs, crown still on her head as she strutted down the halls of Riverdale; there wasn't an ounce of fright in her blood. It was improbable for this girl to have ever felt fear, and the bubblegum smile on her face was reflective of that truth.

          That arrest — the call to the office that revealed the sinister workings of the events conspiring at Sweetwater River — was the perfect example of the Domino Effect. One arrest led to two, two led to three, and three led to a pattern.

          None of us knew what went on that day in the office — none of us except for Ingrid and Adalia.