Cook, laugh, steal

Pic of who Dacian was modeled after

---------------

Pathological liar?

I look at Dacian and Aston as they stare at each other; although, Aston appears to be the only one irritated. I stare at Aston as all previous conversations with him come to mind and are quickly explained. This new information clarifies some things about Aston; especially when speaking to him.

"Liar?" my quiet question catches both of their attention. They look at me waiting for me to be more specific in my question. "Uh, I mean most of what you say just seems to be the opposite of what you say...not really a lie." I avert my eyes as neither of them answer me. The silence has me doubting my own question and I can feel heat begin to reach my cheeks. Why am I producing so much heat suddenly?

Before I can try to speak my way out of this silence I hear someone begin to laugh. I look back to them and see Dacian laughing while trying to cover it up with his hand. Aston looks at Dacian with irritation once again before he turns to me. Our eyes meet and he quickly looks away.

Why is he the one looking away now?

"That's, well, it's a form of lying. I only feel a need to lie about minimal things and instead of coming up with elaborate stories I'd rather...anyways isn't lying just saying the opposite of the truth." Aston responds, but he appears to stumble over his own explanation. The more he struggles the more apparent the red on his face appears.

I consider his words and I can't deny his statement. "Oh, I see." My words have Aston looking back at me. He seems to relax at my understanding and then he turns to Dacian whose laugh has turned into a small chuckle.

"What about you Dacian?"

I also turn to Dacian on my left as Aston's question seems to sober him up. Aston holds a small smirk while Dacian sighs at Aston's antics.

"I prefer to tell people at my own pace." Dacian ignores Aston who tries to encourage him into telling me his own secret; however, it only appears to annoy him.

I hold in my own words because I doubt I can say anything to make him tell me. After all, I haven't said anything about my own situation, why should I force someone else to do the same?

I watch as Aston turns away from Dacian with a slight smirk on his face. However, he doesn't say anything and instead turns to face me once more. He grins at me which only has me at more of a loss.

"I'll leave you two to it then." Aston gives me a long look. After a moment, he leaves the kitchen with a smile still placed on his face. I look at him as he walks out. I feel as if there was something I needed to ask him, but I can't recall what.

Wait, why is he leaving me alone with Dacian? What exactly are we going to do?

I turn to Dacian who has moved away from the island and is now on the opposite side of me digging through some cabinets. He pulls out some pots and pans before closing the cabinets. He fills one pot with water and then turns the stove on. He looks around and then finally sees me standing on the other side of the kitchen.

"Hey, don't just stand there. Take out the chicken from the fridge along with the vegetables that go with this soup."

I freeze as I contemplate his orders. Am I about to cook?

I look to Dacian who turns back around pulling out items I am unfamiliar with. Since I've never cooked everything is unfamiliar. I look to the fridge on my right and hesitate a moment before moving towards it.

I open the fridge and am instantly hit with a cool breeze. I close my eyes at the coldness and grip the handle of the door tighter. After a few seconds, I regain my senses and open my eyes to see what is inside. I spot the chicken and quickly take it out and hold it against my stomach as I look for the vegetables.