CHAPTER 38: We Will Kill All Of You

"There she is." A girly voice spoke.

I wrinkled my forehead and found a way to blink my eyes open to see Myrtle leaning over me and my sister take her palms away from my body.

"Why is it that everytime I open my eyes, it seems like I'm always at the infirmary?" I spoke with a hoarse voice that seemed far too strained.

"That's why you need to take care of yourself more." Lily smiled as she pulled Myrtle's hand off to somewhere.

I shook my head and tried sitting up, which eventually made my hips and back ache. I don't know what struck me, but I guess it's really strong. The white curtains that surrounded my bed suddenly moved and was swept to one side of the rod, revealing Drake with a smirk on his face,a brown leather jacket hanging off his shoulders and his hand was holding the side of his stomach, probably because it hurt.

"How are you?" He spoke, walking towards me, revealing a weird gait, as if his leg was broken.

"I'm fine, what about you? Why are you limping?" I tried moving my legs, only to find out they hurt so bad but I went as far as dangling them on the side of the bed.

"The nurse said it's just a sprain, I'm fine, this is nothing. Do you want anything?" He said sitting down next to me.

"Actually, I just wanna eat." I said holding my stomach which made him laugh.

He nodded at me and helped me on my feet which felt like they had no blood circulating in their veins at all. We got out of my cubicle and passed countless others with a few people in them, their eyes followed us with curious faces, maybe because we both looked broken down and we were both limping.

"That fcking training beat the shit out of me." A hoarser voice than mine said, I looked at my side and saw that it was Anastasia.

She looked frail, her eyes were encircled with Dark bags and her red hair was sticking out in different places, lucky, she wasn't limping or holding a part of her body which signaled pain.

"I guess we have to get used to it for a week then we'll be out on battle." I shrugged.

"Yeah, I would have actually enjoyed it if I wasn't partnered with such a snake of a girl." Anastasia said with an awful snort that made Drake and I laugh.

"She's one violent girl." Drake added.

"I think she's just competitive." I said as we passed the door and stepped outside. The fresh air greeted me and I just basked in the wonderful feeling of nature

"Are we gonna walk because I'm pretty sure my legs wouldn't even reach that tree." Drake pointed his finger at a tree, meters from us.

"But I'm magically drained." Anastasia whined.

"Yeah, your human form, it'd be easier for you to heal too if you changed into bird form for a while." Drake said smiling at her.

"Smart ass." Ana rolled her eyes and in a blink of an eye, she was engulfed in flames and transformed into a phoenix.

Meet ya there douchebags.

She telepathically spoke. I shook my head and Drake smiled as the phoenix disappeared from our vision.

"So do you fly?" I bumped Drake's shoulder.

"Not really, but I can improvise." He smirked as a branch wrapped around his waist and threw him up in the air.

I was scared because I knew he didn't fly, unless if he unleashed his fairy wings of course but he is wingless rn. I screamed and bolted up the air to catch him in time, only to pass by him, laying down on a cloud, his head rested on his arms.