Chapter 21

A/N okay so hi, I've died a few times and come back to life and now I'm back. I'm sorry for the long wait, I really am but... I don't have an excuse, I guess it just forgot, because I was busy...
But I do apologise, and, you know what? I'll just say whatever I have to say, after this very long chapter I'm about to spit out.
Enjoy... O.o
.
Percy's POV

I laid her down on the infirmary bed, softly and gently. Madam Pomfrey had insisted she do it but I wouldn't let her go. I gazed as her hair fell on the white pillow and the rising and falling of her chest. Her eyelids were closed but I knew she was alive.

As soon as she had left my arms Madam Pomfrey ushered me out of the area, she draped curtains  over the bed and started working on my girlfriend. I don't know how much time passed that I had been staring at the white sheet hanging from the metal bars. I could only hear the muttering of spells and charms while I stood there, helpless.

I don't know how long I stood there, before a hand grabbed my arm and brought me outside f the infirmary. I wasn't looking up at he person, fear of breaking down if I did cursing through me. Annabeth Chase was laying on an infirmary bed in between life and death, the one person I cared so much about.

"Come to my office, Mr. Jackson," the old and wise voice of Dumbledore said.

I numbly nodded my head and followed the robes that glided as he walked in front of me. I didn't know we had arrived until he told me to sit down on a chair.

"What happened?" he asked.

For the first time I looked at him and saw worry etched on his features. "An arrow to her side," I said.

He didn't mean that, I know it. "I didn't mean that." He said softly. "I mean with the battle."

I wrecked my mind to remember what happened before the accident. It took me a moment to fit all the pieces and images together. "They attacked." I said as I looked into his old eyes.

He nodded his head slowly. "I can see that much." He said and I felt like an idiot. "What happened in the battle."

"They retreated." I said numbly. "After shooting an arrow to her side." It was then I realised I was in a trance. A glass filled to the brim waiting for the disturbance to make the water tip over.

Dumbledore smiled at me. I don't need your pity. "What did they say?" He asked.

" 'The dark lord warned of this.' " I said. "He warned me he was going to get to them." My eyes stared at something behind him, I'm not sure what it was.

He tilted his head, so that he was in the way between me and the object. "What happened with Voldemort?" He asked. "He showed you something? Didn't he?"

"He asked me to join him." I said. "Help him destroy this school. In exchange he'd leave my family out if this... I hate my luck. I hate the fates..."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to lead us?" He asked.

I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"You're a leader-"

"So's Harry." I protested immediately.

He smiled tenderly at me. "Yes, indeed he is. But he is young and inexperienced in this kind of threats. Whereas you're not."

I looked away.

"You led the army today and if I'm not correct it looks like you won." He said.

I shook my head. "This wasn't a fight." I said. "It was merely a warm up. A last chance for me to turn to them. A way to see the fighting style. The calm before the storm." I told him.