Chapter 22

I don't know, okay?

It was March, then it was April. I forgot Wattpad existed. Then it was May and June, and I was finishing up school, and I needed to focus to get my grades as high as I could before reports. And then it was July, and one week was school, the other three was holiday in Sicily. So yeah.

I don't have an apology, even though I'm starting to realize I probably should. But I don't so let's not fuss over that.

Oh, and I didn't have that much on the story when it was May, in fact, I think this fic is really close to ending. Super close in fact. A few chapters or so and then it's over.

So just get on with it.

Enjoy. . .
.

"Okay, so hi." Percy said causally, standing in front of his fifth year class.

That would never stop troubling him, he was a teacher. He hated school and sucked at it and yet, here he was, standing in front of the class, teaching. He was the teacher, not the student. The teacher who taught boring subjects and sat in front of the class looking at students.

She had been a teacher before, but no a school teacher. He'd taught sword fighting to the younger and newly claimed demigods, taught his fellow mortal friends and classmates how to swim as the swim captain, or how he'd taught canoeing. But this was teaching, in an actual classroom...

It isn't so different, a voice whispered in his brain, and you've got your friends to back you up.

Percy glanced behind him to see most of his friends from camp sitting there, smiling at him and some even grinning. He could do it.

Just think like you're teaching normal Defence classes at camp, the voice whispered. It's not so different, just they're wizards and a few months ago didn't even know gods still existed, or that he and his friends were demigods that held about as much power as all of Hogwarts combined, possibly including Dumbledore and all the other professors.
But they knew he was a demigod, they knew they were powerful and they knew that they either listen to him or they were screwed. So Percy looked at the class of fifth years with renewed strength and smiled at them.

"So," he said. "Don't, under no circumstances call me, Professor Jackson. Or you'll find yourself soaked."

A snort resonated from behind him and he turned to glare at his cousin, Nico.

He turned back to his class. "Call me Percy," he told them. "Perseus makes it sound like you hate me so let's just keep it on Percy. Now, we've already covered the basics of sword fighting and what-not. But since I am now a-... teacher, I have way more freedom to train you like proper warriors and be ready for the next attack."

He gestured around the room, at them sitting down with books and quills out. "We won't be staying in here," he said. "Obviously. Instead we'll be going down near the lake to have more ground and be in a more battle-like environment. We might even go in the forest for some exercises but no promises."

The son of Poseidon trudged to the door and stopped only in the frame to look at his friends. "Jason," he pointed at a big chest. "Could you carry that, downstairs, Frank please help him or something. Nico," he grinned at his cousin. "Get the other one, please." He turned to the whole class. "Everyone else, jog to the lake!"

There were a number of groans but many were smiling at seeing the change of the subject.

"Come on." Percy said as he picked up his own jog to the lake.