2; that's how you feel

||act one||

"blondie 2.0, we got a problem."

damon's words snapped cora out of her absent-minded trance. he had arrived at her home five minutes prior, as she had just finished tucking emerson in. the girl was ecstatic to see her mother's return but was thoroughly worn out following her play date with her beloved aunt bonnie. bonnie didn't mind, she couldn't possibly, though perhaps it was because bonnie had seen cora's daughter as an escape from the emotional torment she had been facing ever since enzo had met his demise.

"a, i told you to stop calling me that more than a long time ago, b, i have a little girl upstairs sleeping who you don't want to wake up, and c, what could this one more problem be because right now it seems as though we're drowning in a sea of 'em," cora huffed, wiping down the counter opposite damon as she had just served emerson and herself dinner. she blew strands of hair from her face that had moved in the way of her sight as she continued on with her current chore.

"alaric took the book that i kinda, maybe need to save stefan's life," damon said. his tone radiated the vibe of nonchalance. his nerves were fried, that she could tell, but that was no excuses for him to barge into her home and demand answers she was not in possession of, yet.

"and i'm supposed to help you with this how?" it was true, cora cared deeply for the younger salvatore brother, and not only because he was deeply in love with and engaged to her older sister. stefan salvatore truly is the most selfless person she had grown to know, and she felt that it was necessary she offered her assistance to help the current state of affairs find a resolution. he always helped everyone and she believed it only to be fair that someone had his back other than his older brother, who's willingness to help could be questioned at the best of times. however, cora was sure his loyalty to his younger brother was without question.

"you're a witch, do some magic, and bam! i'm thinking a locator spell," damon sassed, making hand gestures accordingly with his free hand. his ignorance made cora angry, but she resisted the strong urge to harm the man stood in front of her very eyes, sassing her into submission in her very living room.

cora huffed in what could only be described as pure annoyance but readily responded as she feared for her friend, stefan's, safety,"you've been in the supernatural game more than long enough to know i'll need something with a connection to this book in order to locate it with this particular spell."

"will i count? i mean i am charmingly handsome and have enough connections to the supernat-" damon's infamous smirk resided comfortably on his face as he was abruptly cut off by an annoyed cora forbes.

"that's enough damon! and sure, i think you'll work," cora scoffed before grabbing the raven haired vampire's hand rather forcefully and beginning the respective incantation. her eyes could be seen moving frantically behind her closed eyelids, hiding her blue irises away from sight.

"i-it's at the armory. i think?" cora's hesitance causes damon to roll his eyes and swiftly drop the connection. her eyes remained closed for several more moments, however, as if she was searching for any extra vital information to provide the older salvatore brother about the whereabouts of the book tagged as a necessity for his brother's survival. quite frankly, her sister's too, as stefan had become her lifeline in the last few years.

"what do you mean you think?" damon's harsh tone caused cora to flinch, but she quickly composed herself and gained control of the situation. the salvatore was appalled by the girl's lack of a definitive answer. he had always known her to give one when asked, and he was sure she was able to read him well enough to know he truly needed one desperately at the current moment in time.